Frugal Village Forums banner

free ebooks for the amazon kindle!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Saule 
#1 ·
#3 ·
the free ones are a mixed bag, yes, but a lot of the ebooks being self-published through amazon are done that way because, in these days, you can't get a good publisher to pay attention to you if your name is not stephen king, dan brown, or john grisham. some of these free books are AWESOME! some of them suck. but if they are free, there's no way to ever feel cheated :)

I paid like 15 bucks from the ebook of "room" on the kindle a little over a year ago. the writing style in that book was horrendous. I've not regreted spending money more than I did on that book...couldn't even make it through the first chapter. disgusting.

#6 ·
Favorite this website - Free ebooks, bargain books and book reviews for the Amazon Kindle, nook, Kobo, Sony and other ereaders from Books on The Knob
She tracks free or low cost books for all the ereaders, and has read many of them and makes recommendations.

And as was mentioned, check your library for ebooks. Kindle is finally compatible with ebooks, and this is a great way to get additional books to read for free. It's not really an intuitive process, fortunately my library created a step by step instruction card which I keep right in my Kindle case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.