Fancy a Natter? - Page 14
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Fancy a Natter?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now that you said that your dh has an android phone, I'm wondering if I too have an android and not a smart phone (yeah that's how techno-minded I am - pathetic isn't it?)

This is the link for the chickens - if you would like to have a look.

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...ms-ladies.html

Today we have once again absolutely beautiful weather and because I have worked like a horse for the last 2 days, within 1 hour I will be sitting outside having lunch with one of my friends and not feeling guilty for one minute.
    We do this twice a year - once in March and once in September (her birthday in March and mine in Sept.)

I have a recipe for you that you may like. It is more a Friday evening/Sat evening kind of food (as in I don't do the normal meat/potato/veggie or the such like on these days).

You take long crispy rolls (like a short french bread) and spread pesto on both cut insides (cut lengthwise).

Then you take a chicken schnitzel and cut it lengthways and fry it together with sliced courgette (also lengthways - you see where I'm going with this?) When the courgette is ready (nice and soft but not mushy) and the schnitzel is cooked through you can prepare the sandwich.

You take the piece of chicken, put the courgette on top and then put a couple of pieces of sliced tomato on top on that and then put a couple of slices of mozzarella cheese on top of that. (You have to be careful not to make it all too thick since it is impossible to eat otherwise and the idea is to get all of the flavors in one bite).

Usually what I do is prepare the courgette and chicken beforehand and then make a stack of the (cold) chicken and courgette, tomato and mozzarella and very carefully warm it in the microwave till the mozz just starts to melt.

Very carefully squidge (good English huh?) it all together when you have placed everything on the roll and eat.

One is never enough - so be warned!

Going to have to run - got to pick up my friend for our lunch together. Talk later - have a great day!!!
    Avril

Mom to Laurens (32), Timothy (29), Dimmen (26), Lloyd (25) and Fiori (23).
    Grandma to Charlie, born April 5th 2013 - so he's now 1 year old.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Now that you said that your dh has an android phone, I'm wondering if I too have an android and not a smart phone (yeah that's how techno-minded I am - pathetic isn't it?)
    "Android" is the operating system for your smart phone.
    I saved 100% by buying nothing. Best sale of the year.

Telling the truth means you never have to remember which lie you told.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Just thought i would say hi x
    It's a lovely day here at the moment and i think it is starting to warm up a little too,that means spring is nearly here !! The clocks spring forward this weekend so it will be great to have the lighter nights again.
    I hope you all are well xx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, sorry, Android is the operating system of his phone, he has an HTC phone of some flavour i.e it's not a flipping iphone.

Hi DD, it is gorgeous over this side at the minute isn't it. It's sooo sunny. The beach was packed on Saturday I was really surprised. I love this time of the year at the beach as dogs and horses are still allowed on the main section so it's fun to see the dogs tearing about. Have you been doing anything exciting recently?

DH went to a meeting yesterday discussing the new trams in Blackpool. The main issue they're having is how to get the things to the prom. The trams are coming from Germany to Hull then overnight are being transported across to BPL. The problem when they arrive is how to get them from the motorway to the front. There's not much room and the new trams are BIG.

Work on the prom continues, they are on track (pardon the pun) to finish the works on time - July 1st. I think there will be little bits of primping after that with the tram stops and things like that but it will be all systems go. I can't wait. We don't venture into the town all that much but we do like to walk up the coast and it's virtually impossible at the minute.

I am just at home today, so I've been out in the garden for a while and am now watching a pair of blackbirds make a nest in the garden *yay*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi BB thanks for replying x
    That's good news about blackpool and the trams my youngest daughter really missed them on our last visit and I shall avoid the motorway on the delivery date I could just imagine the traffic!!
    I too love walking on the prom an I try to go daily it is so pretty when the sun is shining.
    I haven't really been up to much recently just doing the usual taxi running for the children and trying to keep up with their activities keeps me busy.I enjoy a peaceful walk when I get the chance !!
    Take care and enjoy the lovely weather xx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you are well too DD and enjoying the great weather.

Just came back from my long lunch. It was absolutely SUPER. We went to the golf club where Lloyd (youngest son) is manager and we sat in the sun and had the most beautiful lunch (lots of fish). The temp was around 18 degr. - and we sat in a sun trap - glorious.

After a while Fiori came by with a couple of friends from college and Lloyd (after he finished his shift) joined us as well. So before we knew it there were 6 of us at the table.
    It was one of those rare days when everything works out - great food, great weather and great company - what else can a person want?

I too have a HTC (it is an Incredible S) - got it free with my new subscription. I actually wanted an IPhone but they wanted a lot of money for it even with my subscription (no way I'll pay for something that I can get for free).
    I still find the phone quite bewildering but I'll get there.

Our clocks will be changing at the weekend as well and I too am looking forward to the lighter evenings - just hope that the weather keeps up.

I have to say that I get a little jealous when you guys talk about walking along the beach. I used to do that when I lived in Scotland but we are about an hour away from a beach here *sigh*.

Maybe there is a good lookout point where you can see the trams being transported? - motorway bridge?

Take care everyone - have a great evening - and enjoy the great weather.
    Avril

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Dutchie x
    I know im very lucky to live so close to the coast and it is so beautiful too i love the sea and couldn't live away from it .I love Scotland and have had a few family holidays there I really like Ayr it has a stunning coastline that would be another place I would like to live!
    That's such a great idea to watch the trams on the journey to Blackpool I bet it would be quite a sight to see and would entertain my little girl for sure.
    You too enjoy the weather lets hope this is the start of good things to come and Im sure the lighter nights will help.We seem to have had a long winter this year and I can't wait for some warm sunshine!
    take care xx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a coincidence DD. I used to live not even 30 minutes from Ayr in Girvan.
    My parents still live there.
    It is indeed is a BEAUTIFUL coastline.
    I used to walk along the beach as often as possible with my best friend and our dogs (she had a golden retriever and I had a dachshund - the dogs too were best friends).
    We preferred quiet winter days and just let the dogs run along. That's a long time ago - almost 35 years ago. My best friend stayed on to live in Girvan but very sadly died just before her 40th birthday.
    The entire graduating class returned for her funeral.

Anyhow, today looks like being another gorgeous day - I can never get enough of this weather. However not a chance of me sitting out in it today. I have grocery shopping to get done, teaching to do and a council meeting to go to this evening. So a busy day.

I just saw that the UK will getting another budget this morning.
    Anything leaked out yet about what they will be doing this time.
    Haven't they cut back enough yet?

Anyhow, have a great day everyone!
    Avril

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think he's going to throw people some crumbs in the form of tax cuts (you know, the usual Conservative thing). Everyone's hoping he'll axe the planned increase in petrol duty. Plus the general private sector, private sector, private sector... I have no idea what else but I can't imagine there will be anything good.

I have a ConDem drinking game - every time one of them says "private sector", "deficit", "left to us by the previous government", "big society" or "alarm clock Britain" (that's a Nick Clegg thing, no-one has a flipping clue what it means) I have a shot of vodka. He starts at 12.30, I'm usually on the floor by 12.35.

Hmmm, it would appear I have some rather negative feelings about the government. Who knew?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi BB and D x
    Let's just say I am not holding out for anything that's going to help my family in todays budget and have very little faith in them anyway.There are too many things I don't agree with but the main one that hits home here is the university course increases having two children who intended on going it effects us in a big way!!
    It is such a small world Dutchie as Givan is the exact place i loved and have photo's of my children eating lunch sat on the benches at the harbour.We where there last summer and love the long prom and the view over the sea to the little isle it is a beautiful place and i even hinted that i would be happy to retire there one day.What a fantastic place you used to live !!
    Take care and enjoy the

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Duck View Post
    Hi BB and D x
    Let's just say I am not holding out for anything that's going to help my family in todays budget and have very little faith in them anyway.There are too many things I don't agree with but the main one that hits home here is the university course increases having two children who intended on going it effects us in a big way!!
    It is such a small world Dutchie as Givan is the exact place i loved and have photo's of my children eating lunch sat on the benches at the harbour.We where there last summer and love the long prom and the view over the sea to the little isle it is a beautiful place and i even hinted that i would be happy to retire there one day.What a fantastic place you used to live !!
    Take care and enjoy the

The little isle is called Ailsa Craig and is a nesting place for a LOT of birds. It doesn't have much else - or things have changed.

Did you see the 'rock shop' opposite the harbour?
    Avril

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by britbunny View Post

I have a ConDem drinking game - every time one of them says "private sector", "deficit", "left to us by the previous government", "big society" or "alarm clock Britain" (that's a Nick Clegg thing, no-one has a flipping clue what it means) I have a shot of vodka. He starts at 12.30, I'm usually on the floor by 12.35.

Hmmm, it would appear I have some rather negative feelings about the government. Who knew?

You are HILARIOUS!!!!!
    Avril

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Duck View Post
    Hi BB and D x
    There are too many things I don't agree with but the main one that hits home here is the university course increases having two children who intended on going it effects us in a big way!!
    Not so long ago on the BBC (I think) there was an item about a lot of students coming over to Holland to go to university because a LOT of university courses are given in English here and it's WAAAAYYYY cheaper to go to uni here than in the UK (also for British students). A thought?
    Avril

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The chickens are so cute!

At the other end of the spectrum The Budget was totally underwhelming. No real surprises at all, unsurprisingly he left the big reveal of a full 1p off a litre of petrol until the end. Wow, thanks George. In totally related news DH has been saying goodbye to his workmates who have been made redundant, one went yesterday and it's the leaving meal of another one tonight. No-one really feels like celebrating but this lady has worked for the council for many years and wants to get everyone together one last time.

My eldest brother (the one I don't really speak to) is 40 this weekend so we're going out for a meal for that next Tuesday. Yes, you can see how bothered he is about a family meal that he doesn't even want to have it until after the event, lol. In fact, he doesn't want it at all but my mother does so we're all going. It's a bit of a pain that it's on a week night as it's going to take us about 90 minutes to drive there and DH has to be at work by 8 the following day but there you have it. The place we're going to seems quite nice and has a fair vegetarian selection so I won't complain about that.

Another gorgeous day here, shame DH won't be home until late tonight so we can't get out to enjoy it together, think I'll wander to the beach for a while though. We've started to save up to sort out the bathroom so I'm looking around for some inspiration today. And that's about it. Have a good day everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Dutchie and Britbunny x
    Thanks for the university idea I have left my daughter pondering on that one!
    Yes im sure we went in the shops by the harbour in Givan i know i walked the length of the little main street and bought lunch when we were there.It was such a lovely place and the people seemed very friendly one fisherman was talking to my youngest daughter and showing her the fish he had caught.
    The weather is holding out here so much so we sat in the garden yesterday I can't believe it's still only March.
    Enjoy your meal Britbunny .
    Take care xx

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast