Frugal Village Forums banner

Your day, Thursday February 28th 2013

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  britbunny 
#1 ·
Here I am, back from New York and it's the last day of February. Time is certainly flying this year - or is it just me?

We arrived back yesterday morning and after tidying away some of our luggage, we took a nap for a couple of hours because I know that if we don't do it then we just don't make it till the evening. One of the hardest things ever is getting out of bed at that moment but I know that I have to do it. Later in the evening we went to bed at around 9 pm and even though I woke up a couple of times during the night (hubby too) we both managed to get a decent night's sleep which - with a bit of luck - will mean that we are through the jet lag thing already.

We had a fabulous time in NY (let's face it, it's hard not to have a great time in NY) and time went WAY too quickly.

Today I have major tidying, laundry etc to get done.
Also I HAVE to make an extensive grocery list both for 'normal' groceries and for the baby shower on Saturday.

Fiori will be moving out in 4 weeks and boy - if she gets the chance i.e. when we are not here - she can make a huge mess but now with her impending move, she has empty boxes and stuff for her new house stashed literally everywhere. She was a bit peeved yesterday when I said that it is all very fine but there will be around 25 people in this house on Saturday - around 20 of them for the first time - and I want this house to be ***** and span by then.

As is normal in her case, she said not to sweat it and everything will be tidy by the time everyone is here.
Now that is the difference between her and me. I want it done NOW!!! She thinks that a few minutes before everyone arrives is soon enough (it doesn't matter that her empty boxes are blocking our doorway and that her new Ikea stuff are on the table I will be using LOL.)

Anyhoo, I will be moving her stuff into her room today - hope she likes where I put it LOL because if she doesn't then it's her problem. But I want to get started on getting this house organized and since she is at work the entire day, this is my chance to get it done without her breathing down my neck.

Oh my, I am being very OCD this morning.

So a very busy day for me. Better get started while I still have the energy.

Have a great day!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great time.

I was very bad at visiting here and starting a thread *blush*.

I'll try to think of something interesting to say to keep the conversation going. Need coffee first though, I've just had my hair cut so I think I've used up all my smalltalk for today :)

#3 ·
I never really have much to say either but usually I mention what the weather is like and what I think of that (it usually sucks LOL).

Then I tell about my boring life of cleaning, laundry, school etc.

It was nice to have some actual thing to talk about today.

I just like to hear from everyone telling about their day.

Reactions: britbunny
#4 ·
Here is my day. I'm a bit more awake now.

It's beautifully sunny but cold here and frost is still on the ground. It looks like I'm going to get a break from all the building work today as no-one appears to be next door. I think we might be over the worst of it anyway as it appears the new kitchen and bathroom are in so for the next couple of weeks it might just be painting and new flooring (please let it be carpets not wood).

It's been a loooooong week as DH has a ton of work on plus a staffing investigation which is always stressful. On the plus side I made a cushion from some fabric scraps. Another good thing is that I've now made enough things to have fabric scraps left over! I'm really happy it's the start of a new month tomorrow as I get a beautiful new budget to play with. I can't really believe February is over but on the other hand it seems such a long time ago that we visited Shrewsbury. Tomorrow my best mate is coming to visit, I haven't seen him for over a year so it should be fun. We're going to the rugby on Saturday and father will be bringing the wood for our compost bin with him so we'll have to do a swap in the car park. I might also meet my brother's girlfriend for the first time but I'm not sure whether that will happen.

DH has a lot of days off next month but I'm not sure what we're going to do with them. We've mentioned maybe having a day out in Manchester or Liverpool but nothing's decided yet. That's about it for me I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.