Frugal Village Forums banner

Your day, Sunday March 3rd 2013

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dutchie 
#1 ·
The morning after the day before....

OMG - I am tired. The baby shower went wonderfully and Nina (my daughter in law) said she had a wonderful time.
We got everything finished in time. My daughter and one of Nina's friends helped with the decorating.
I also managed to get everything baked, prepared and set out in time.

The scones were indeed delicious Ali and everyone had more than their share. I had some left over and I brought them round to my neighbors which is one way of making sure that they don't stay in the house to be eaten ... by us.

Nina (and the new baby) were spoiled rotten and I am so pleased for her that she was the center of attraction since she really deserves it. This little lady is working almost full time, is studying part time, runs a house and is almost 34 weeks pregnant.
I honestly don't know how she does it. I was just so pleased that I could do this for her.

One of the things that was really nice was that Nina's mom and grandmother (85) were both there as was my mother in law (84). For both grandmothers, this will be their first great-grandchild. Unfortunately my mom couldn't be present because she lives in Scotland and can't leave my dad alone. She would have LOVED it though.

Today I have so much to do, it dazes me just thinking about it.

I have to do laundry, prepare lessons for the coming week, tidy the entire house etc......
I really don't want to think about it too much. I will do what I can and leave the rest till tomorrow.

Dinner will be what we can find in the fridge or food cupboard, I will not be cooking anything fancy today.

Have a great day!

See less See more
Reactions: madhen
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.