Frugal Village Forums banner

Hey everyone, still anyone of Europe out there?

15K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Spirit Deer 
#1 ·
Hey,

are there still any Europeans hanging out there? Don't get me wrong I love our American friends, but some things are just different at this side of the pond. So anybody out there that is from Europe? Maybe we could restart the daily thread that Dutch kept alive (btw Im hoping you are ok Dutch, haven't heard from you in a while)?

#2 ·
Hi, Ayanka: Toffeekit is still here, reading but not posting often. So many of the threads here are, inevitably, particular to the US and Canada (Thanksgiving, for example; and coupons; and the way the tax system works) so I only read, and maybe contribute to, the more general ones.

Ayanka, if you are interested in frugality per se., you might enjoy the British site moneysavingexpert.com - there's a forum section there.

#3 · (Edited)
OOPS - double post.

Hi, Ayanka: Toffeekit is still here, reading but not posting often. So many of the threads here are, inevitably, particular to the US and Canada (Thanksgiving, for example; and coupons; and the way the tax system works) so I only read, and maybe contribute to, the more general ones.

Ayanka, if you are interested in frugality per se., you might enjoy the British site moneysavingexpert.com - there's a forum section there.

#5 ·
I'm here, but I'm not always sure if I'm European, not being part of the EU and all that. :)

I find the American specific threads facinating. It seems so incredibly different. Especially the health care and insurance system. Makes me appreciate our welfare system even more, and now I almost pay my taxes with a smiling face. Almost. :)

#6 ·
Gaja, yes it sure makes you understand where the tax money goes too. Although I would still love to have a little less politicians. I know they aren't but a tiny part of the government, but still... Sadly for one or another reason it never gets proposed though...

Toffekit: I knew you were still here, but you are about the only one I could imagine. Thanks for the link, I am surely going to check it out.

#7 ·
I think you in Belgium have the highest proportion of politicians/inhabitants, so you are allowed to whine about it. It is an inspiration how you got along quite comfortably without prime minister and that part of the government for more than a year. Wouldn't have minded trying the same here. :)

#8 ·
Lol actually we had someone that was prime minister ad interim or something similar. But we had no new people being assigned and no extra budget. This was the best savings we ever did.

#11 ·
Maggie BE - Welkom: Bienvenue - take your pick. I wasn't sure what the local language is where you're living, so you get both.

Since you're having to cope with Europe and its lifestyle(s) and politics, you count as European, at least for the time being!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.