Frugal Village Forums banner

My new job 1/6 of a mile away!

Tags
1 or 6 job mile
2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  ironmaiden 
#1 ·
Thank God my new job is 1/6 of a mile away from my home. I have a very, very old car and can't afford a new one, and I can't afford gas, either. I will be starting in September, and I'm so relieved. I can finally reduce my expenses on gas.

#2 ·
FABULOUS.....will you be walking??? That will also be good for your health :)

#4 ·
1/6th of a mile! Mine is 16 miles!

Public transportation for me.

#8 ·
Great news!

#9 ·
Yeah! DH's new job is only 5 blocks away (vs. his old one that was almost 40 miles-one way). I've been amazed at our gas budget! Instead of filling up 3 times a week, we are only filling up twice a month! It is a much needed break in our budget now!

Good for you, plus you can easily walk on the really nice days, too!

#11 ·
Wow that is so awesome, now you can take the money you would have spent on gas for the car and put it away in savings, WOO HOO!

#12 ·
That's awesome, congratulations!

We're hoping to be able to move within walking distance of DH's work when our lease is up. It's "only" one tank a week right now, provided we don't visit our parents who live an hour away, but at 40 bucks a tank (and climbing) that really adds up!

#13 ·
When I went from working where I had to pay for parking, to working in the suburbs a mere 2 miles from the house, it was like getting this big raise. Money that didn't have to get spent.

Also, it is a big time saver not to have to commute.

My neice and her hubby moved out of a cheap apartment to a more expensive apartment because the cost savings of the cheaper place was more than used up by paying for gas.

So a better place, shorter commute, more time in their day for the same amount of money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.