Frugal Village Forums banner

We paid cash for a car!

Tags
car cash paid
3K views 32 replies 32 participants last post by  Janbee 
#1 ·
We scrounged and saved like mad this year to replace dh's car. When we found out a friend was moving and selling their Toyota Camry, that was only 3 years old, we jumped at the chance to buy a good car from someone we trust. Thanks to dh's hard work and the tax rebate thing, we were able to get the cash together! I am still in shock that we were able to do it and it is such a nice feeling. A few years ago I swore I would never have another car payment again. So far I have been able to keep that promise I made. Now if only my van holds off 2-3 more years, hopefully we can pay cash again then. Being frugal really does help you achieve your goals. Thanks to Frugal Village it was pretty easy to stay motivated in our frugal lifestyle.

#5 ·
Congratulations! That's terrific. We buy our cars in cash, also, and I know it's a really good feeling not to have a payment hanging over our heads. :thumb:

--Michelle

#14 ·
Fantastic!

#15 ·
Woot! Way to go!

#18 ·
:grwave:

Whoohoo........... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Feels amazing, doesn't it??? We paid cash for my car last August (first time EVER that we never had car payments) and I LOVE my car all the more because I know it's totally mine!

Great job!!!

#19 ·
That's great! I only buy my cars in cash. Just don't see the sense in having a car payment.

#23 ·
Congratulations on the new Camry. Those are really nice cars and should last years and years. Paying cash is the only way to go! Yay You!

#24 ·
A Toyota should last you many many years!

I paid cash for my current car and the one before that. The first was a 1991 Subaru Legacy that I paid $5000 for in 1999. I drove it for 8 years with no problems. Last fall I found a 2001 Subaru Outback with 109k on it for $4600 (well below the usual pricing). I bought it immediately. I haven't had any problems with it yet. I plan to drive it for the next 10 years.

My bf bought a new Toyota 2wd truck 1985 for $6600 cash. He drove it for 20 years. A couple of years ago he replaced it with a 1994 4wd Toyota for $4500.

I will go without a car before I'll make car payments.

#25 ·
Congrats on your "new" car. I want a new car but can barely afford to pay the monthly bills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.