Being creative obtaining winter/fall wardrobe
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Being creative obtaining winter/fall wardrobe

The budget dictated that I needed to be creative obtaining fall and winter clothes I need this year.

So I did

First, I used a gift card to JJill that my MIL gave me for two Christmases ago. I that a little bit still left. I ended up getting two long sleeve shirts for over 66% off and only ended up paying after tax and shipping and using the gift card $2.60 oop . Hubby saw me ordered and came over concerned and asked what I was doing. I told him and when he found out we would only have to pay $2.60 for the shirts I really needed he was quite pleased.

Second, Used a $10 of $10 to get me a pair of jeans at Jc penney I ended up getting better jeans and paying less than if I had bought walmart jeans. Yeah. My mom also did this with her coupon and gave me the jeans ( so sweet of her) So now I have two pairs of jeans.

Third, I made a mock layered shirt. I used two shirts same kind same size that were to short in length. Cut one apart and sewed it to the other. So it looks like one is layered under the other. Peeking out a bit at the neck and peeking out under the bottom of the top shirt. So pretty and now long enough that I do not get my words played back by my daughter "shirts need to be long enough not to show your yummy when you raise your hands" At least she is listening.

I was feeling bad and had a case of the blues thinking about what I needed and how the budget was saying no then I got creative and I feel empowered.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 19 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love a good bargain and that is awesome that you were able to make an awesome one of a kind shirt! WTG!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You have done great! Love the idea of your original shirt.
    April No Spend Days - 9 /22
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 102 /365
    2014 April Gas Challenge - $35 / $80
    April Keep Fit - 300 min / 900 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Give God your problems and he will give you His peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am IMPRESSED! Good for you! Another thing you can do is to use some of your summer clothes for winter uses. I use leggings instead of long-johns, and tank tops that way too.

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way cool on the layered shirts! I would have never have thought of doing that.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will use sleevless and short sleeve tops to use under sweaters, blazers, or long sleeve shirts during the winter. Helps to stretch the wardrobe. Keep an eye out in September for the clearance sales. Sure it might be for summer wear but you might find a summer sweater, top, skirt that you can wear in the winter.

Definately know how you feel about needing an article of clothing and not having the money. What you did was great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shoiji View Post
    I will use sleevless and short sleeve tops to use under sweaters, blazers, or long sleeve shirts during the winter. Helps to stretch the wardrobe. Keep an eye out in September for the clearance sales. Sure it might be for summer wear but you might find a summer sweater, top, skirt that you can wear in the winter.

Definately know how you feel about needing an article of clothing and not having the money. What you did was great!
    I have been keeping an eye out for sleeveless shirts and tanks for under shirts for length coverage. I am having a hard time finding ones long enough. Talls might work maybe do they make tall shirts or is that only pants.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 19 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to have to be creative this year as well. I'm a different size this school year than I was last fall/winter, so I'm not sure what I have that will fit. I see lots of mixing and matching going on. Thanks for inspiring me to find a bargain!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As far as lengthwise I have found longer tops at places such as Kohl's, Old Navy, Ann Taylor Loft. Their clearances are great. I always am amazed when they have sale racks and then an additional 50% off. It does happen, you just need to keep your eyes open or sign up for their e-mails.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Loved your creativity in making the layered shirt! I'll bet it's adorable!