Frugal Village Forums banner

I turned off the AC for the first time

Tags
time turned
2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  KennySoward 
#1 ·
in almost 6 months.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
I think we might have to turn on our heat tomorrow night for the first time and I don't want too! October has been beautiful so far. No air nor heat.

Glad you got to turn your AC off!

#8 ·
Wanted to turn the heat on this morning, but it's not working. Not cold here, tho' - 65 inside. DH can deal with it when he wakes up. :)

#14 ·
I was able to use a blanket for the first time since March night before last. But today it comes back off the bed - it's supposed to be back up to 87 in a couple of days. This summer is never, ever going to end! But the coolness was luxurious while it lasted. I'll try to keep the windows open today, but probably by mid-afternoon they'll go down and the A/C on again. I love cold but have little tolerance for heat.

#16 ·
The great part about living in Kentucky...we just turned the heat on last week thinking it was going to turn cold for good. But it didn't, so we turned it off again.

I'm sitting here writing this with the window in my office open and a cool breeze blowing in. The weather here really has been beautiful.

I only have my AC and heat on for a total of 6 months combined, and really we could probably cut that back a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.