Frugal Village Forums banner

50% off halloween candy

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  tay 
#1 ·
I bought candy 50% off

The little miniature butterfingers, baby ruth, nestle crunch - straight into the freezer for making my surprise Christmas cookies

some life saver gummies a favorite with the children (will dole them out a bit at the time from our candy dish)

bag of dum dum suckers ( great when you want a little sweet or want to sooth a sore winter cold throat)

fruit roll ups for lunch box surprises/treats

and pop rocks because they are pop rocks enough said LOL

Did you pick up any candy?

#4 ·
No candy buying here. Having four kids that went trick or treating last night means we have way too much already.

Great that you got some 50% off, though. :)

Reactions: imagine
#5 ·
Oh wow - my sis asked me to go shopping with her and one of the stops was WalMart. The Halloween candy was shoved to the back corner of the store and the signs just said 'special price zone'. The stickers on the boxes were the same full price. :thud: I just wanted to see what was there - DH had decided it was worth it to him to pay full price for his loot to ensure he got his own private stash yesterday so we have more then enough candy at our house.

Turns out everything was 50% off with poor signage. There were three women - toddlers in cart. Each of them blocked the aisle and took their sweet time choosing 3 displays full of chocolate - EACH!! :yikes: (Thats 6 boxes of 90 something+ pieces each.) Do they really need 1620 pcs of chocolate each?! (Total of 4860 pcs between them)

Its not *that* deep of a discount!

I totally understanding grabbing a box or two to nibble on throughout the year, birthday parties, Christmas etc etc but really, this was a bit much.

#9 ·
There were three women - toddlers in cart. Each of them blocked the aisle and took their sweet time choosing 3 displays full of chocolate - EACH!! :yikes: (Thats 6 boxes of 90 something+ pieces each.) Do they really need 1620 pcs of chocolate each?! (Total of 4860 pcs between them)

Its not *that* deep of a discount!

I totally understanding grabbing a box or two to nibble on throughout the year, birthday parties, Christmas etc etc but relly, this was a bit much.
I saw several stocking up their carts like the ladies you saw. I ask them why so much and they were generally part of a charity stocking up for children's charity parties or charity stockings they were shopping for literally thousands of children

Others were stocking up their candy dishes they have out for their customers. It is common practice here for local stores banks dctors office to have candy dishes or some kind of treat

Reactions: Libby
#6 ·
I'll probably pick up a bag next time I go to the grocery store. We have some left over from last night but I could put some away for the holidays too.

#7 ·
I will pick some up next time I go shopping...if there is anything left! I like having them for Christmas stocking and in a stash in case someone is craving something sweet. :)

#8 ·
went to CVS yesterday and got the chocolate nips for 99 cents they were old and a little hard but still good!

#10 ·
I can see what you're saying imagine and I'd be ok with it all normally but I guess it was their hoarding mannerisms that put me off the most? Its understandable that you're stocking up for one reason or another but to block the entire aisle and not let anyone in it until you've cleared the shelf is just plain rude. Hence me consider them to be hoarding.

#11 ·
yeah, blocking access is rude.

The charity stocking up people were nice. and people were helping others figure out was on sale and a mom would ask "where did you find the on sale Halloween fruit roll ups."

Now there was some grumbling as some of the candy was on sale and some was not. One lady was grumbling loudly and didn't notice the overwhelmed and frustrated sales clerk about to cry. The sales clerk apologized that their was nothing she could do about it. When the grumbling lady noticed the sales clerk she apologized and hugged her.

Reactions: Libby
#12 ·
I got a few bags. :) Publix had them 50% off and then Target sent out a coupon for $2/3 that didn't expire till next week. My manager at Publix allows a grace period on expired coupons (two days) and when I went I was able to pair it with a manufactorer $1.50/3 coupon. Good times.

Then CVS had theirs 50% off and I got some there - but teddy grahams, synder pretzels, mini oreos - all for ds1's lunches at school. Used ECBs on those.

Our Walmart was 75% off - I got some pop rocks and costumes there. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.