Frugal Village Forums banner

Sticker Shock (again!)

Tags
shock sticker
1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Missourimom 
#1 ·
Stop by for a quick trip to Albies (to use my doublers) and wanted to get some ice cream for a peach crisp tonight.

The Dreyers ice cream regular price $7.99 :thud: What on earth? Luckily it was on sale for $3.99 which I still thought was a bit outrageous but Dh insists on ice cream with crisps.

Also Simply Orange was $4.99. And the single serve size was $1.79. :thud: We love this OJ but not at that price. Sheesh.

#3 ·
Nope, not getting any better. Contents get smaller and price goes up. I can't really quote any raises right now cause I've only shopped sales lately and I'm focusing on other stockpile items than what I used to.
But think I'm going to be doing alot more Aldis than what I was. Especially for canned.

#4 ·
Kroger here has Bluebell - still a full half gallon last time I checked - for 4.50 this week, pints 1.25 (if I remember). I'm not really supposed to eat it, but it IS holiday season, right? If I get to Kroger's I might pick some up as a treat, but I doubt I'll get out there. Overall, the sales didn't seem worth the trip this week.

As for smaller - I don't know how along ago this happened, but a couple of weeks ago I bought an 8 pack of Scott TP. The rolls are about 1/2 inch narrower (in width). I noticed when I stacked the package next to an older one and it was shorter. Now this isn't going to significantly affect my TP costs, but I'm already paying for 8 rolls what I used to pay for 12. Sigh. So it goes.

#5 ·
I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow for the first time in a long time - and afraid of the prices that I'll find. We're thrilled that gas has dropped to $4.37!!

#7 ·
Prices got so bad here that I broke my own two-year-long resolution and went back to Wal-mart (although after spending a miserable Saturday morning there, I have come to regret that decision). I guess I'm going to just have to dedicate more time to menu planning and shopping the loss leaders at several different stores each week and meal planning around their sales whims and trends.

Gas, on the other hand, is $2.86/gal, so, for that small blessing, I am thankful. . . .

#8 ·
At the grocery store the woman in front of me had less items and more processed foods. Her total came to just over $100. All I could think was she probably did not purchase many of her items on sale.

Still, my total came to $86.00. Luckily some of the items will last about two weeks. Still can't help thinking that to eat healthy you need to spend so much. Next week I will just be purchasing beans and any other good sales going on. Was lucky to get some pinneapple and apples on managers special. Even found some steaks on managers special.

#9 ·
True. The produce here has been pretty high. Fred Meyer does have apples on this week for .68 per # (bargain!) so I will stock up for a couple weeks. I got pears last week for .88/# and am trying to keep bananas (.67 per #) in the house for a less expensive fruit.

I am really stocked on canned pineapple rings so I am going to dehydrate some for a healthy snack.

I am glad I stocked up on peaches during the summer and can incorporate those into smoothies, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.