Frugal Village Forums banner

Great Shopping Day!!!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  monkeywrangler71 
#1 ·
I've been collecting points at our Shoppers Drugmart. I've been shopping smart. Going on 20x points days, for sales items using coupons where every possibly. Also watching emails for items we use that offer bonus points. So not purchasing for the sake of points, getting the deals and the extra points.

This weekend was a bonus redemption day.

This is what I purchased:
Axe Gift Set(Jesse Tree Gift at Church)
3 travel cups(Been wanting forever, got 2 for gifts, 1 for me)
Swiffer wet refills
6 Campbells Soup(mission food bank at church)
3 1kg jars of Peanut butter(1 for mission, 3 for home)
Bath gift set(Jesse Tree)
2 Glide Dental Floss
2 Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion
1 Pink Train Case toiletries gift Set(JEsse Tree)
D-Drops Kids
6 Cans Tuna(Mission)
Lindt Chocolates(stocking)
3 Chocolate Oranges(2 stocking stuffer, on for mom after Advent)
Melatonin
Omega-3 supplements
12 pack Granola bar
2 Pantene Shampoo
2 Pantene Conditioner
3 Stayfree 46 pack
Oral B - power toothbrush(stocking stuffer)
Spinbrush Glow (stocking stuffer)
2 boxes of Cheerios(meant for the mission, didn't get dropped this week forgot them)
Advil Liquid Gels-20pk

Total $284.29
After coupons: $265.29
After point redemption: $15.29 :)

I paid $12.28 taxes and $3.01 for actual merchandise.

It was definitely worth the watching the flyers and coupons and maximizing the points. I started collecting in May. But didn't want to redeem any sooner, I waited for Christmas. It allowed for me to get gifts for 4 more children that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. December is really tight, less work hours, less pay, more things to buy. So it worked great.

The gift sets weren't the only things we gave, just what we bought there. The 3 girls received some tote bags as well.

That was fun! I'll definitely do it again! I'll get dh a card and perhaps for next Christmas I'll be able to double it!

See less See more
#3 ·
wow thats great !!

Reactions: mommy4ever
#4 ·
I had two parties to go to Saturday and a thousand things to do on Sunday, so I just couldn't make time for a well-planned shop. I was about 4000 points shy of a top tier redemption, but probably had enough on dh's card that I could have transferred over.

I'm sad this week about not getting in for the redemption :(, but there was nothing in the flyer that jumped right out at me, so it would have taken more time than I had available to figure out how to spend them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.