Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone getting good after Christmas deals?

Tags
axe
4K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  NikoSan999 
#1 ·
Getting good after Christmas deals?

I bought the axe holiday pack Buddy's favorite scent for 50% off at Walmart

I thought I had missed it as it was gone in the men's grooming in the Christmas section clearance. I found this one across the store in an odd place were somone left it when they changed their mind.

I was so happy as it has buddy's antiperspirant, and body spray he uses daily. It also had body wash. Santa brought him some for Christmas and he was happy about that. It also had shampoo and conditioner in a cute bag

So the stuff he needs and extra stuff to try cheaper then the everyday stuff

When I got home I realized I had a $3 off axe holiday kit coupon I could have used so it would have been a better deal. Kicking myself for that one

Still think I got a good deal a good smelling teenage boy - priceless

#2 ·
I went to Walmart specifically for the Axe Body wash sets but didn't find any :(

I did get 4 Axe Hair sets (reg price $10 each marked down to $5 and I had the $3 coupons..so $8 total for the 4) I also got 1 Heidi Klume perfume set, regular $14.99, marked down to $7.25 and I had a $5 coupon. I grabbed 8 holiday throw blankets @ 2.50 each (reg $5) a new bead spread for my bed reg $24.89 marked down to $12.40 and 6 lighted candy canes for the yard, reg $3 each marked down to $1.50

#3 ·
I went to Walmart specifically for the Axe Body wash sets but didn't find any :(
Hugs

Thanks for letting me know you couldn't find any. I feel better about even finding one, even without using my coupon. I did not see any axe hair sets.

I figure I will keep and eye out whenever i am there for the axe body wash set. Maybe someone will end up returning a set.

Imagine, the deal if I happen to find it 75% off and get to use the $3 off coupon. That would be sweet!

#4 ·
I got each of my kids a new stocking for next year (one with snowmen for dd and one with Mater for ds), bags of candy, a plastic house thingy with lip glosses and hair stuff for daycare girl's birthday, some big eyeshadow things, etc. marked down at Walmart. At Dollar General I got some decorations 1/2 price.

#5 ·
no shopping for me today .

#7 ·
I decided that I have enough wrapping paper right now.

Is that what you decided after you re organized?

I do like to get not holiday looking wrapping paper Christmas paper for birthday wrapping paper. The non holiday looking wrapping paper was already gone. makes me glad I picked up some before Christmas as Christmas wrapping paper is way cheaper than Birthday wrapping paper.

#8 ·
nothing after christmas...but christmas eve...

amazon had the air hog remote helicopters for 11.99 and i get free shipping.....it will be here on thursday....yeah....as for after christmas and it is a really really really good deal....i will not be buying...as this is my year to get finance in order and onto a more non stressful life....

#9 ·
I stayed home. I usually go out the day after to find great deals on lights and such, but 2012 is my year to pay everything off and have $10,000 in the bank by the end of the year. So I am starting now.

Sounds like everyone did get some good deals though!

#10 ·
I did go to walmart and tried to look at the clearance stuff, but it was so crowded I left. I don't really need anything and am also trying to get finances in order. I used to get things to give away the next year, but I'm not even doing that anymore. I have a good stash of paper and gift bags, so I'll be good for another year or two. Just an FYI, at Dollar Tree the gift bags will only be 50 cents. That's when I stock up. Some years they have lots to choose from other years, they don't. Just depends on how much they order for the year. I've been disappointed by the after holiday candy sales. I used to get some and eat it until the next holiday, but haven't been finding anything lately.

#12 ·
I went shopping and picked up some FREE after ECB deals at CVS. Then went to Target, Walgreens, and Wal-Mart to see what was on clearance. I picked up some wrapping paper that did not have the Christmas theme on it ---- solid colors, so I can use it year round for birthday presents. I also picked up a new stocking for my daughter-in-law that fits more into the theme of my sons' stockings. While in town, I also picked up some more white tissue paper for gift bags and Christmas gift bags and boxes for next year. I do not plan on picking up anymore even if there is any left when they mark it down to 75% off. I have to keep telling myself that I do not need anymore!

#14 ·
Wrapping paper and tags 50% off, a Platzgraff (sp?) Cardinal winter salt n pepper set ($4) to start of 2012 Xmas gifts for someone, BIG soy candles in Holiday scents for $1.50, cordial cherries .50 a box (expire 2013). In 2012 teachers will get candle and candies- spent $2 each teacher, DONE.

Had $30 'Kohl's cash' from hubby's Xmas shopping, got a necklace, 2 pairs of earrings, 2 rolls of Disney Prnicess wrapping paper, not even Holiday but still 80% off...spent $1.55 on all after coupon.

Discovery channel bath crayons gift sets- got 3 @ $2.50 each- 2 for my kiddos for next year, one as a gift. Love's Baby soft 3 pack, under $5, for friend's 12 yo for next year. Various nail polish and lip gloss set for $1-$2.50 as assorted gifts for year- not Holiday specific.

And what I was really after-a pre-lit fake tree, 50% off, only $19.50. I used to prefer real trees, but with small kids pulling on it all the time, it rains needles for weeks over here. Had a fake tree for a few years, didn't get covered up well when put away last year, tossed it this past summer while cleaning basement, felt it was dusty and grimey. Spent $25 (which is cheap in our area) on a real tree in 2011...for only $19.50 we will use this tree for years. Saving $ year to year, and cleaning!

All in all good bargains, jump started shopping for next year, but I couldn't beleive the crowds! IN Walmart and another store I had the cashier commenting how it was never so busy even before Xmas!

#15 ·
I planned on buying myself a specific artist's Christian wall calendar - but hesitated when it was over $17 - yes, I'm THAT cheap. Well, going through my organizer book, and getting prepared for the new year, I realized I hadn't bought the calendar yet. So - popped on to the web, and found it for $7 and change (whoopie to me!) Of course, also found a couple items I will be gifting next year: necklace, Boxed everyday occasion cards, etc. (Dayspring.com)

#16 ·
Thick flannel sheets with full elastic on the fitted sheet. $17.99 plus tax originally $70 at jcpenney

Sign said full set $27.99 that was the price before Christmas went to ring it up the registrar said $34.99 I showed them the sign they adjusted the price. Then I used the $10 off of $25 I received in the mail only good yesterday and today . $17.99 plus tax for good much needs flannel sheets :)

Also bought a red fleece throw blanket $1.49 originally $25 on sale for $11.49 used a $10 off $10 so $1.49 . I am going to make a violin jacket for Little Miss's violin to help keep it warm. The price was cheaper then fleece by the yard at Walmart cheaper then throws at the goodwill and cheaper then the Christmas print throw blankets at half off at Walmart I think it was such a good deal that if it works well I might get it embordorded with the school name and or mascot

#18 ·
I went out today and there were KILLER deals going on!

Up to 80% off at Urban Planet. I swung the dress of my dreams (yeah, literally... this dress kept popping up in my dream) for $25.

Next, I went to XXI Forever and got buy one, get one free on jeans. Two pairs of jeans cost me $23. :)

Finally, I got two bras at Victoria's Secret. Buy one, get one half off. My bras cost me $25 (because I had a gift card for $50) and I got a free tote bag.

All in all, my trip to the mall to three stores cost me $75. :) I'd have paid $100 for the bras alone if I'd gone at any other time.

#19 ·
I wasn't in the store to buy anything, but had some returns to make. I needed to return two My Little Ponies. LOL Anyway, they were $5/each when I bought them (didn't realize she had these two already...they all look the same to me and with names like Dazzle, Twinkle, etc...who the heck keeps track? Apparently she does! LOL) and they were clearanced at $2.50, so I returned two she already had and got 4 she wanted. LOL She was really happy.

I saw some great deals. But walked right on by.

#20 ·
While I was not looking for deals - I did get some today. I had a $5 AARP coupon at Walgreens so picked up my hair conditioner for free. Also a Walgreen coupon for aspirin substitute - 24 caplets for 95 cents - saved $3.50. Picked up a few Christmas things for the preschool - the best was a set of 18 handpainted glass ornaments for $5 - have all my presents for the educational assistants next year. I had noticed that one of the sped teachers had done the same for the teachers, but she paid $10 for the same set!! Still a great deal!!

#22 ·
I got 4 bras at Lane Bryant, Buy 2 Get 2 Free. These are the only bras I like/wear and I only buy them when they are on sale after Christmas. I had a $50 gift card, but still ended up paying $37 and the lady wouldn't let me use my $10 off coupon. Oh well, I have four bras that will last a long time and fit well.

At Avenue I had a $25 gift card and I got a pair of jeans on clearance for $6.96 and a shirt for $14.96.

My 12 yo DD had $215 in gift cards for Hollister and everything was 50% off so she got over $400 of clothes and I only paid $6 out of pocket.

Yesterday at Walgreens I got 2 Sally Hanson nail effects (the strips) that were on clearance for $2.59 and buy one get one half off so I paid $3.88 for both. They are normally $9.99 each! I also got 2 Cover Girl lip glosses on clearance for $2.68 for both!

#24 ·
Odd find for me because they always sell fast. Its the ziploc storage containers red and green ones. Marked to $1.25 i had a .50 cent coupon offf one set. I had 5 coupons and they had 5 sets left.I think there are 3 in there. Also found axe complete set big gift set for 6.00 Had 3.00 coupon bought 3 of those. . This was at walmart.

#25 ·
I stayed away from the after Christmas sales this year. I simply don't need anything. I have a whole bunch of wrapping paper, gift tags...and way to much Christmas decor and we have an upcoming move into our new house and I just didn't want to add to what we already have to move. Our local Walmart didn't carry very much Christmas stuff this year anyway including the gift sets of colognes.

Reactions: imagine
#26 ·
Gift exchanging in Greece actually happens on January 1 so after-Christmas sales don't start til January 2 here - but they did put all the Christmas decorations on 70% clearance at the supermarket, and I got 83 candles (not "Christmas candles" just nice white tapers) and some plain silver-colored candlesticks, some paper plates for next Christmas, and a few other things that will save money next Christmas. But my big find was those candles! They were 0.96 for 10 white tapers, which is 1/5 the regular price for the (exactly the same) "non-Christmas" white tapers in the candle section (I checked the price over there to make sure I was getting a good deal, as it's been a little while since I've bought candles).

When the January sales start, which are usually pretty good, I am going to look for a couple things I need but I'm going to try to keep the spending down as we are expecting DH's Jan/Feb/Mar salaries to have much higher withholding than usual.

#27 ·
I had $20 Kohls dollars. My daughter had bought yesterday a sweater at forty percent off when she returned a gift at Kohls not realizing I had the Kohls dollars. Today we were going to return it and buy it back with the Kohls dollars, it had an additional 20%off today so she ended up paying $4. after all the discounts for a $60 sweater. We have a lot of 70-75% off sales but I am really trying to pay off all non property debt this coming year so I am not looking.

#28 ·
I was back at the mall today to work out and on my way towards Zeller's to get some HBA, I stopped into Sirens.

$5 miniskirts (bought two), $5 top (bought one) and a $10 sweater dress. It was a really, really good score.

I never buy clothes for myself during the entire year. I only buy them on big sales like this. But stores are having up to 80% off on things and it's irresistable. I've still spend $100 on clothes that will last me all year and that's way less than I've spent on one item before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.