Frugal Village Forums banner

11 Things that will be more expensive in 2012

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  brennasmom 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting article. Our gas has been going down also - 4.33 as of today. Thank goodness I lie relatively close to town and work!! And we do have a working bus system finally - if all else fails - think I shall look into it.

#3 ·
Our gas is $3.35 it went down for one day Friday then jumped back up Monday. Maybe it will go down again soon!

#4 ·
I filled up Thursday before Christmas at $2.97. Still selling for that price today. The next town over has it for a few pennies a gallon less then we do

#5 ·
:/ Ours went up 9 cents overnight!

#6 ·
Ours was $3.31 today which is the lowest I can remember for a long time....

It does seem like food prices are up. And not as many good sales. Trying to use every little bit.

#7 ·
Gas for us is $8.84/gallon which is quite a bit cheaper than over the summer. So that's great. It was around $10 for most of the year.

The food one is most worrisome of course. Not a surprise. It's been the trend and I'm used to watching the prices inch upward. Doesn't mean I have to like it!

#8 ·
Gosh GreekIslandGirl! I sure hope you don't have to drive but short distances.

#9 ·
Yeah, we don't really! I walk to do all the shopping. DH drives about 1.5 miles each way to work. Our car is pretty fuel economical as well. We burn a lot on the weekends though. We almost always go to the ILs for lunch on Sundays, which is about 30 minutes each way! But DH lived far from his parents for years, and now that they're so close, it's important to him. I also like it because it is helping me build good relationships with my ILs. :) We usually fill the tank about once/month.

#10 ·
I watched the price for regular change from 3.03 a gallon to 3.09 while I was sitting at a traffic light yesterday.
I noticed that the supermarkets only offered free turkeys for Thanksgiving this year. They used to do it for both holidays. Lots of baking ingredients used to be on sale between the two holidays and I didn't see that either. I had hoped to stock up on some things since I wanted to make fruitcake for the family.Not sure what I'll do now.

#11 ·
I think gas here was $2.97 the other day when I looked last. I honestly dont pay too much attention to gas prices because it really doesnt matterfor us. We have to have it regardless if its $5 or $2 a gallon, although I might flip out over $10!!

#12 ·
I can attend to the price of water going up. Our last increase was over 10% and our next one will also be in the double digits.

People are conserving water, meaning less revenue for the Utility yet expenses are going up. Less money coming in, more money going out, unfortunately the only place we can recoup costs is by raising rates.

#14 ·
It's all speculation of course, based on current trends. When the political or economic scene changes somewhere, it goes out the window. In a few months things will look different.

Gas is 2.87 here now, food prices are still good, though this time of year the vegetable prices are getting ridiculous. I expect produce to drop once spring hits along the southern border. The hard drive/computer prices really aren't an issue with most people, all my geek friends know where to get the best prices and aren't panicked about the shortage.

#16 ·
Gas here is at $2.99 a gallon but I've been able to get it cheaper the last few fill-ups because of savings on our shopper card.

While it was expensive, even on sale, DH and I got a digital SLR camera as a combination anniversary/Christmas/birthday present for me (I'm the primary photographer in our family) during the Black Friday sale at Sears so maybe I got in on the good end of the pricing issue with this product!

I am concerned about the price of groceries...as our family grows I'm trying to keep on top of the grocery budget and make sure we're getting a good variety of things, but this is something we'll have to keep a closer eye on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.