Frugal Village Forums banner

Some grocery prices from today....

6K views 49 replies 22 participants last post by  sabrelvssammy 
#1 ·
So I went to use my doubler at Albertsons today. I am making salsa chicken for dinner so I was going to pick up some canned refried beans and sour cream.

16 ounces Daisy sour cream $2.99
Large can refried beans $2.99

I did get the sour cream but I decided to cook up the bags of beans I had in the pantry.

Here are a few other prices I saw:
Barilla pasta $2.19 (I paid .50 after coupon, sale, doublers)
Olive Oil (16 ounces) $9.39 (I paid $2.99 after sale + coupons)
Food Should Taste Good Chips (small bag $3.59, I paid .50 after sale + coupons)

#4 ·
Barilla pasta is $ 1 a box at Price Chopper this week.
Folgers coffee is $ 5.99 for a 34.5 oz container at P&C Fresh.
2 items I have on the grocery list so far.

#25 ·
Here Albertson's generally has the best sale prices compared to Safeway and City Market. I do most of my stock up sale shopping at Albertson's. This week they had Progresso Soup on sale for $1 each this week, reg $2.19. Bought 25 of them to add to the stockpile.

#8 ·
Here in Nj top tomato has barilla pasta 50 cents limit 4 boxes

I always get olive oil on sale never pay more than 11.99 for 101 oz can

ajax he washing detergent 1.99 no limit 5lbs potatoes idaho 1.99 there were some decent sales this week Boneless chicken breasts1.99 a pound sams club

#9 ·
i got chicken thighs for 99c a lb at superfresh today
tuna 88c a can
i got 4 1 lb packages of wide egg noddles for 5$ ( most times they are not a full Lb i know aldis isnt last i checked, and i need the full lb for us )

they also had a no name pasta sauce for 99c ( we dont like it though )

thats all i looked at though i was only there for the tuna and egg noodles to make tuna cassarole for dinner tonight and dint ck each aisle

#11 ·
Last week, I bought 10 jars of Franceso Rinaldi pasta sauce on sale, for $1 a jar. 24 ounce size. My fav sauce :)

#12 ·
Here are some of our/my prices this week (no coupons included in the price just hte listed selling price)

Sale

tuna on sale 50 cents a can the other store had it on sale of 58 cents a can

cake mixes on sale ( only a few flavors ) 50 cents a box

cheese 3.19 for a pound.

milk on sale for $2.88 a gallon

Fresh broccoli on sale 79 cents a lb

White potatoes $2.99 for 10 pounds

three pounds of fresh yellow onions 79 cents

regular prices

Whole wheat loaf bread $1.50

5 Qt ice cream ( big tub with a carry handle) $4.99

salad dressing $1.66

Can tomatoes and chillis .68 cents

String cheese 12 oz individually wrapped $2.99

Jif peanutbutter 40 oz size $6.44

#13 ·
We have eggs for .99 all week

and Friday on a one day sale Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are 1.39lb & milk is $1.99 gallon

#14 ·
Eggs were the big sale here too this week and last. I'm a bit egged out. LOL!

I've made bread omelettes, scrambled eggs, egg sandwiches, breakfast egg burritos with refried beans, hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs...Hmmm....I haven't made pickled eggs. I guess that next. :)

#16 ·
Really? Thanks! I'll look into it. :)

#17 ·
#18 ·
Eggs belong in the frig or the freezer to be safe.

Here's the link to do more reading....eggs tested......
How To Store Fresh Eggs

Thanks for posting...:) Do you wash your eggs if they have some poop on them right away? I don't wash mine until I'm ready to use them..I also have no idea how long they store for w/out being refridgerated as I store my eggs in recycled egg cartons and have them on my counter..when I need to use one I do the water test to see if they are still good..

#22 ·
I stopped at Fred Meyer today to pick up some fresh produce.

Anyhooo.... I was in the organic isle cruisin for any deals and there was Amy's pasta sauce for $7.59. For a regular size jar of pasta sauce :eek: :eek: I had to do a double take thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me.

#27 ·
Anyhooo.... I was in the organic isle cruisin for any deals and there was Amy's pasta sauce for $7.59. For a regular size jar of pasta sauce :eek: :eek: I had to do a double take thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me.
For that price, you'd expect the sauce to jump out of the jar and make dinner for you. That is INSANE.

#31 ·
Today for $13.84 I got:

6 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1.39 lb)
1.25 lbs fresh catfish nuggets (1.99lb)
a loaf of deli french bread (.75)
doz lg eggs (.99)
gallon 2% milk (1.99)

Good shopping trip I think...

#32 ·
That chicken at $1.39 a lb? I would have bought 40lbs, and I'm not kidding! Since our Albertson's closed down, I have yet to see it at less than $1.99, and that's been very few and far between. It's usually about $3.50 average here. So absolutely, you had a great shopping trip!

Theresa :)

OOPS! Forgot to add my last trip. I think I did alright considering how bad the sales/coupon match-ups have been around here lately.

2- Pam olive oil Spray
6- Boxes of honey Bunches of Oats Fruit Cereal
4- Bags of Eat Smart Fresh Veggies
6- boxes Ronzoni Pasta
1- Med Jar Publix Brand Basil
1- Large Jar Badia Parsley Flakes
1- pkge Paper Bandage Tape

TOTAL> $19.04
It helped that I had a $5 off of $30 coupon, along with 6 $1 cereal coups.

#33 ·
That chicken at $1.39 a lb? I would have bought 40lbs, and I'm not kidding! Since our Albertson's closed down, I have yet to see it at less than $1.99, and that's been very few and far between. It's usually about $3.50 average here.
If you have a Sav a Lot in your area, their current promotion is
99 cents a pound for fresh split chicken breast. So it would have the bone and skin on.
I am not sure what percentage of "waste" for the bones/skin, but still a very good buy.

Note to self....buy some this week ...good canning project :)

#34 ·
My recent buys for stocking up......
Rinaldi pasta sauce at $ 1 a jar. I bought 20.
Barilla pasta $ 1 . Bought 10 boxes.

Didn't check the price for canned sweet corn yesterday.
I had bought 2 plastic wrapped cases, (12 cans for $ 3), and when
putting them away, discovered 3 seriously dented ones.
Thought about just getting my money back, and then the
light bulb came on....just exchange them :)

I still need to buy some coffee today. $ 5.99 for Folgers
34.5 oz size. Limit 3 at a store who also has a coupon for
$ 5 off a $ 30 purchase. Same store has 3 store doubler coupons but
manufacter coupon has to be under $ 1. Sneaky move on their part,
most coupons are $ 1 , not .99
Another store has same coffee for 6.99 for the next week.

#36 ·
I shopped Albertsons when i lived in California back in the 80's. I found it at that time it was High. My sister goes there only for deep discounted sales.

#38 ·
Today: $2.13*

4.5 lbs green cabbage
1 banana
2 zucchini
1 lg head broccoli

*yup, all from the marked-down produce section ('cept for the lone banana - that was full price (.49 lb)

#40 · (Edited)
Don't you love it when things are marked wrong... Last summer I got Strawberry Fig Newtons for .30 a package (where supposed to be $3.00) I bought a dozen packages (I don't even LIKE them) I just bought them 'coz I could (haha) then I handed them out to family members.

When I took them to the register and the cashier saw them she knew they were wrong but had to sell them (but then she whispered "Did you leave any?" and I said, "Yes") she went and got a bunch for herself. (Hey, don't blame me- I am not responsible for her actions - lol)....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.