Frugal Village Forums banner

8 Friends Who Are Bad for Your Finances

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  frugalfranny 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Oh no!!! I am all of them!!!!

#7 ·
#6 ·
Hhhhmmmm....I could tend to being the 'miser', if I don't keep myself in check and remind myself to roll with the flow (without being taken advantage of). I didn't really see my friends in the rest of it, but then again, I don't shop with my friends for fun expect yard sales and thirft shops, and that's rare and I have my budget (as do they!).

#8 ·
Interesting read........some of them I wouldn't "put up" with any way (the Pryer).............and we always get separate checks when we go out so I don't care if anyone has dessert or not (the miser).........I am not paying their tab!

I saw bits and pieces of my friends and me in some of them but we have learned to work it out..........and at the other times (the enabler)......we can laugh about it and probably would have spent the money anyway. (but we need someone to 'blame' when we are overspending at a craft show......and know it!!)

#9 ·
I am friends with a miser. She used to be actually broke, and I didn't mind buying 2-3 lunches for each one she bought, but things have changed. She remarried, and at one time recently told me she was so broke she couldn't buy food. Natually I asked what it was she really needed (she usually has a stockpile), and it was "everything". I changed my tune when the reason she needed "everything" was because she was buying another camper, which she wanted to pay off quickly, and a generator for the camper. The camper she didn't need to begin with and wouldn't be using for at least 6 months. Why did she need to accellerate her payments? So she could get a tatoo in February, and not have to wait. 80
I was shocked. Now we talk on the phone, but I haven't seen her in person for months and probably won't be in hurry to see her again anytime soon.

#10 ·
I am friends with a miser. She used to be actually broke, and I didn't mind buying 2-3 lunches for each one she bought, but things have changed. .
That reminded me...........I knew one of those........but she was MORE than a miser...........she was a MANIPULATOR and USER...........and if YOU DIDN'T BUY she didn't go........she never had any money to go "do things" but would buy a new cell phone, ring for herself for Xmas, or some other tidbit...........she 'went by the wayside' over a year ago and I haven't missed her at all!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.