Frugal Village Forums banner

How much is in your wallet, right now?

Tags
wallet
6K views 67 replies 56 participants last post by  freebs 
#1 ·
Is that the usual amount? Why or why not?

#2 ·
I have $46 which is a HUGE amount of cash for me. I've been holding on to a $5 because my son has a loose tooth and I got caught without cash the last time he lost a tooth.

I picked up some nuts for my girlfriend so $6 is what she paid me back. The remaining $35 is "leftover" from the weekend. I went to a concert and wanted to have cash in my pocket and need to put it back in the bank pronto before spending.

#9 ·
I have $30 & a some change (less than $1). This is pretty normal for me since I use cash at the gas station. Before anyone wishes they could fill up for that, my old beater has a tiny gas tank & I fill up once a week (every 100 miles or so). Did I mention it gets lousy gas mileage, but who wants car payments?

#10 ·
$34. That's about $20 more than normal, I took out some spending cash two weeks ago for an event, and ended up not buying anything. I'll keep it for the miniatures show this weekend.

I used to carry more, but so many places take debit now I don't need it. I'd like to carry none, but there are a few places locally that have a minimum purchase for charge cards.

#16 ·
$125 US and $45 Cdn. That's exactly $125 US and $45 Cdn more than I usually have. I have the US left over from our recent vacation, and $45 is was left from my wife and I going out to the beer gardens for a fun hockey tournament on the weekend. She had taken out some money for drinks and the babysitter, and we ended up going home relatively early.

I usually never have cash, and usually never carry a wallet. My wife usually picks up groceries, and I often go weeks without spending a dollar.

#21 ·
$215.

Not the usual amount - it's my blow money, accumulated over time.

#22 ·
I wish I even had a wallet. :( I do, but it's sitting in my drawer, collecting dust. I carry my cards with me in small slits on the inside of my purse. Even then, I don't have any cash on me except a Loonie to put in the cart at the grocery store. :)

#23 ·
Today I have $13 which is less than I usually have in my envelope system wallet. I used every extra dollar I had to pay that last payment in order to be debt-free. Thank goodness payday is Thursday!

Eskielover

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.