Frugal Village Forums banner

Newbie in need of some help!

Tags
977 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ShadowMom 
#1 ·
I need help with beans! lol...does anyone know of a good resource that can help me with some tasty bean recipes and how to prepare them properly?

#3 ·
I like the allrecipes website too.........

But just google cooking beans and probably gobs of sites will pop up....

And did you check the bean recipes on this site..............don't know how many are listed since I don't use them that often.

Go to the list of forums and scroll down..........one recipe site is for tried and tested........the other for just yummy sounding ones.

#5 ·
I guess I'm looking for a slow-cooker type recipe...My grocery budget for the next month (May) is $75 for one person, so I am trying to eat as healthy as possible. I will be shopping at Aldi and they have a great produce section, so I am just trying to "bulk" up the protein so to speak.

#6 ·
The way I cook them is to rinse them and boil them in water that is about four cups water for every cup of the beans for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover, and let them sit an hour. Pour off the water and add water to about 2" higher than beans. Cook for 1 hour for kidney beans. Less for smaller beans. Cool, pack in containers or zippered bags, and freeze.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.