Frugal Village Forums banner

And gas prices continue to climb....

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  brennasmom 
#1 ·
Holy smokes! I thought prices were going down. At the station I usually get gas in the last week has gone from $4.02 to $4.12 and now $4.19... I have seen as high as $4.37 in our town. What the heck? Anyone else still seeing prices going up?

#2 ·
Dunno what's happened the past two days, since we haven't been anywhere. We filled Tuesday morning on the way to pick up our new camper 180 miles from that station, and when we drove back past that station that evening, the price had dropped two cents.

We're going into town later, so we'll see what it's done locally.

I wish they'd pick a price and stick with it.

#3 ·
Ours hasn't dropped any more since the last week but hasn't went up any either...All told I'd say they went down about 20 cents overall since their highest.

#4 ·
Locally we hear the prices are due to the refinaries (which are relatively close). These are just about the highest prices I can remember. I wonder if the holiday weekend is impacting it?

#11 ·
Here the price is about the same it has been. Around $10/gallon. We use a different fuel (autogas, not gasoline) which only costs $5/gallon, which is a HUGE savings obviously, but most people use gasoline. I think it's gone up a few pennies over the past week but nothing extreme.

#13 ·
Our gas prices here are still falling. They were up a bit during the weekend due to mother's day and graduation travel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.