Just restarting my frugal lifestyle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Just restarting my frugal lifestyle

I am starting to truly realize that to live the life I want I need to learn to be debt free. I am tired of living paycheck to paycheck. I am sure nothing I am saying is any different from other individuals who come to frugal village. I've been on and off here at FV for close to six or seven years. I think the difference for me now is I really have to rely on myself and I have seen how the economy has ravaged so many people I know. Then I see how successful a lot of other people are being and I see how they are doing it. I am wanting to follow suit. So, today was all about making some small changes to begin changing things for the long term. I guess I should set a challenge for myself next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Way to go! Will be looking forward to reading of the challenges you set for yourself and your accomplishments.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon Sales Challenge/August
    $

Coupons for Year / $745.54

August/ Grocery
    /Goal $175.00 Total

Groceries for Year minus Jan & Feb
    $504.98

Eat Out No More Sept
    Goal 20
    Accomp/12

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/6

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I commend you for this choice! It is empowerment!

I'm starting my Overeaters Anonymous reading/meetings to help me end emotional/compulsive eating. Chronic health problem isn't helped by my eating. It fact, it makes me more miserable when I put on a lot of weight, have to carry it around and still function. This also keeps me from taking what jobs are available in my neighborhood - retail and service. This has become a survival issue for me. It's damaging financially to eat out often as well as hit the gas station too frequently for food fixes. It's damaging to my health also. I suggest you look into support groups or self help books if you find you're coping with problems by spending.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will share my favorite quote here " Struggle as hard as you can for whatever you beleive in" I read/say this to myself every morning I get out of bed. So far I have been very blessed with working hard to be where we are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can do it!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you, everyone, for the positive thoughts and encouragement. I had something neat occur in class last week. I am taking a class on addictions, it's one of the last classes in my master's program. Our instructor asked each of us in the class to give something up for the six week duration of the class. So, I chose to give up shopping. YIKES! I'm almost done with week one and it hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. Still have five weeks to go. It just happened at the ideal time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

being frugal Is work for me it is not easy..it is a lifestyle choice I would prefer to go out to eat, pay a gardener...... it is management skills : time management. and money management I don't have enough of either...

good luck and remember Rome was not built in a day......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was hard at first but now I enjoy being frugal. Then if I want to go out and spend my money on something ridiculous I can. Lol! I try not to do that but it's there now if I do want to. Keep us posted on your journey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG Blissmommy, I'm at the same point. I kinda fell off the wagon, and need to refocus
    Mom to 4 wonderful kiddos. Homeschooling mom
    • FFEF 2/6months
    • Retirement savings to start
    • Mortgage

DEBT, n. An ingenious substitute for the chain and whip of the slave driver.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually had a no spend today and signed up with a debt counseling center to start working on the pile of bills I have left over from my divorce. I am feeling positive for the first time in awhile. I am working on getting some things paid off and it feels good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been in the same boat. I have been on and off here for the last several years myself. I need to get myself back on the wagon. There is so mush that my dbf and I want to do in the next year that we haven't really done and want to do. Good luck with your journey.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can do it...but it will take lots and lots of WORK!!
    I am so glad that I made the decision to become debt free...it has definitely been liberating....but it took alot of work...
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    Goal: Donate at least one third of all belongings before the end of the year. I have wwwaaayyy to much stuff!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am currently looking for a part time job and my internship for practicum. Almost done with my masters. Just redid my resume yesterday and started rounding up new reference letters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woo hoo! You got this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can do this!
    I was in a similar boat, got divorced, first time in my life I was solely financially dependent on myself! Whoa was that a scary thought! Four years later, the only debt I have is my house and my car and I plan to pay my car off early. I'm not quite where I want to be with my EF but its growing.

I hope to have one more "hard" year and then re-evaluate where I am financially, where I want to be and if my goals need adjusting. I've been living like I'm poor for the past four years to set myself up to be able to survive a job loss and to have a financially secure future.

If I could do it, you could do it! But I didn't do it alone. I had a Village helping me along the way!
    Judy

never loose site of the big picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast