Frugal Village Forums banner

WhaaaHaaa! They took my Dollar Tree away!

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  PixleDust 
#1 ·
There was a DT within 3 miles of me, and now it's a clothing store (Rue21?). Pooh! The next one is more like, 6 miles away. :jug:

It seemed to be always full of people. Is DT going under?

#2 ·
I thought they were doing well. Always found it very helpful when I needed certain items.

Just was talking to someone about it. Tried to steer them away from certain items like medicine but do not know if they understood it.

Atleast there is still a dollar tree in your area.

#4 ·
Is DT going under?
Not that I have heard/read but maybe, with this economy, they had the stores too close together and one wasn't doing so well.

Hope they aren't having $ trouble..........I have one about a mile from me and will go there when I need 'just the odd thing'........buy very few
groc. items there---usually cheaper in groc. stores.

They have had a LOT of recalls.............maybe that hurt them.

#6 ·
So your nearest one is now six milesaway- and I was going to commiserate with you until I read that - poor thing ;)

#7 ·
LOL, that's the truth! I was being a drama queen, but it's fairly close. I was mostly wondering if the company was going under.

Was loving the way Aldi's, DT, and my local grocery were all on the same corner area.

#11 ·
I have a couple in my area, but after a few visits, I was unimpressed. Mostly cheap plastic crap and candy. The one thing I thought I scored on was dog leashes, to donate to the county. But after I really looked at them, they were basically just glued together and not very well. I could make cloth leashes for less.

#12 ·
Banned myself from going into dollar tree today. Have been going to often lately and picking up stuff. I always like to scan the aisles because sometimes you can get really good deals on brand name items. For me it is like going to a thriftstore. You never know what you might find. Also know there are certain items I can pick up there for cheap.

Fortunately the cat seems to like the cheap cardboard scratching pad.

#14 ·
I have to go about 25 miles, like to stock up on wrapping paper and gift bags. I did buy a cutting board there about 10yrs ago, use it almost every day...got my money's worth on that thing.

#16 ·
have you shopped the store online? I've bought canisters to store my horde of rice n beans.

I have a 40 minute drive to my dollar tree- so usually hit the store when I take dd to her orthodontist appt and the end of this mth is her last appt to get them off (she's so excited- she said she wanted popcorn lol) anyway sorry for the o/t.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.