Frugal Village Forums banner

Our $3 for three (people) fun day

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  msvickeyz 
#1 ·
The kids (okay preteen and teen) and I had a fun day out.

We went to the $1 movie. ($3 total) Saw a movie we had not seen. Ask the concession stand for cups of ice water. They gave these to us for free. (unlimited free refills too LOL)

Then we used free restaurant food coupons we had collected. You know the ones the kids receive as reading coupons from the school/ library and what not places. One was a free coupon from Halloween trick or treat. Took the collected food home. That was total free $0
My sandwich was heavenly.

So our fun day out was $3 for 3.

Frugal fun

#7 ·
If you ask for water they sell you their bottled water but if you ask for a cup for water they give you cups with ice and lids you fill them up at the water fountain for free.

The cool thing is you can't tell by looking at the cups who has water and who has soda. so cool.

Water must still be a free thing in my area as you can get water free everywhere even drive thru will give it to you for free. But then again I live in a world that still has free coffee at the bank and at the home and ranch store as a minimum courtesy some even have cookies or popcorn.

#9 ·
Love those $1 movies. (Although, around here, they're now $1.50.) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.