Frugal Village Forums banner

Any good Kid shoe brands under $35.oo CAD?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sophiasmama 
#1 ·
I was on shoes.com lastnight looking for a good quality pair of school shoes for Sophie...found a pair...only to have shipping be 16 bucks and customs fees 10.00...WTH? We are looking for a light weight, breathable, velcro shoes...without paying 80 bucks when all said and done...any tips?

#2 ·
one thing i have found is dirt mud stains and kids dragging the toes doesnt withstand any better in 80$ sneaks then it does in 10$ payless sneaks.

i am mostly concerned with their fit and comfort ,
each of my 5 kids had different needs and unless it was when they were older and for a specific sport ( ie my oldest son has an extremely thin foot and weak ankles so did best with nike high tops for basketball )

otherwise their uniform school shoes i get from payless - if i can find sneaks that fits well i do the same .

none of the kids have any feet issues and my oldest is 24 and has no feet issues from wearing payless or kmart sneaks as a kid he also had hand thrift store finds for dress shoes and boots ,

#6 ·
Girls Shoes and they have free shipping on all orders. Got some shoes for the kids a while back through them. Bought boots for my son and he wears them 3-4 times a week. He has had them since December. Outlasted all his others the way he wears em!

Reactions: Sophiasmama
#7 ·
Thanks everyone...just thought I'd update you and mention I searched ebay far and wide...and came across NIB pink Stride rites for 40 bucks including the shipping to Canada...so I bought them...she likes this brand...and in Canada the cheapest I have found them is 55 bucks at sears.ca, so feeling very happy, thanks for letting me share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.