Frugal Village Forums banner

How would you spend it?

3K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  Spirit Deer 
#1 ·
Just a fun little question. I just got a $25 prepaid debit card in the mail from a rebate. So, how would you spend it? Stock up on groceries, buy something you need, go to the movies?

#2 ·
If I was in a selfish mood, I would buy some crafting materials. But if I was in a generous mood, I'd get some food for my parents, to ease their monthly bills. And probably my conscience would push me into the generous category......

#5 ·
At this moment in time, I'd probably use it for Christmas gifts or on bills.

Reactions: QM and Sophiasmama
#12 ·
I take it back. Today, I would spend the money on 35 feet of 14-2G wire, an outlet, outlet cover, and a 15-amp breaker all at Ace Hardware. I really want to install a dedicated circuit for our microwave before winter, because I'm sick and tired of not being able to run the toaster oven and micro at the same time without popping a breaker.

#18 ·
Hold on to it for a rainy day like someone else said. I have a tendency to do that.

Reactions: QM
#23 ·
I don't hold them long either..........always think they might "change the rules" before I get it used........since I am well stocked on food, I would just SPEND IT..............not sure "need" would be in the picture..........movies would be out though........groc........is a maybe......depending on sales----maybe for some
fruit that I wouldn't 'normally' have purchased.

#27 ·
SD-you gave me a snicker.
Glad I could be of help. :D

I wouldn't know what to do with 40 amp service. Sometimes I wonder if 200 amp is really enough! Good for you for making it work. Sometimes you just have to get creative.

My husband has agreed to crawl around under the house to tack up the wire to the bottom of the floor joists, a job I hate. I'll take care of installing the outlet and the breaker and hooking up both ends. So I hope by the end of the weekend we'll have a dedicated circuit for the micro, finally.

Can't wait to see how much fifty feet of copper (I measured since I posted I'd need thirty-five feet) is going to cost, given how much copper has gone up in price lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.