Frugal Village Forums banner

DISH on-line programming changes

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Buckeye5 
#1 ·
The other day hubby wanted to watch a specific football game. He prepared for it ... setting up food, looking up the channel, time, etc. When the game time came he found out we didn't get the channel on our plan.

I went onto the Dish website, logged in, changed the programming to add that channel then told hubby to re-set the receiver. Within ONE MINUTE we had the channel he wanted.

At the same time, I dropped an option we no longer needed. When football season is over, I can easily drop the extra sport channels and go to a cheaper plan.

DISH gave us a price adjust TO THE DAY - credits for the options I dropped and, of course, added the cost of the channel I added.

I LOVE this option. During the holidays when DD is home more and wanting to watch TV specials, I can add channels but I don't have to pay for them the rest of the year when we're so busy we barely have time to watch TV.

I haven't tested how often I can switch back and forth during the month, but so far I haven't reached a limit.

See less See more
#4 ·
Log onto your DISH account (DISH Satellite TV Packages From $19.99 | Satellite Television Service | DISH), "my account". Under "my programming" click on the options you want and remove the ones you don't want. Recalculate. Submit. All the prices are right there. They take effect immediately. I think we had to turn off our receiver and turn it back on to make the programming changes (perhaps not - we did anyway) but that only take less than a minute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.