Frugal Village Forums banner

Dell products complaint

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  eofelis 
#1 ·
Despite prior good experiences with Dell products, I can now say I would never buy anything from this company. I purchased a laptop that quit after 6 weeks and the new desktop started doing the blue screen within 2 hours of coming out of the box. Yes, I have gotten my complaints met with satisfaction by taking them to the CEO. But, I have tried to use the technical support for warranty issues only to have messed up computer returned twice and this issue WILL RUIN the laptop. Funnier, the technician said the 'company will charge extra for chemical spills caused by damaged USB ports' and they seem to be intentionally returning a broken laptop. I'm not sure how liquid chemicals could come spilling out of a laptop computer cooled with a fan + heatsink(?) but I do remember complaints on the Dell forum about this issue.

I would NEVER purchase another Dell product. The low end units purposefully self destruct after few weeks. SAve your money and time and take your business elsewhere.

This is much more stressful when my employer refuses to invest $1 in equipment or software and I am forced to use my own equipment for everything and I'm barely making more than minimum wage.

#2 ·
Despite prior good experiences with Dell products, I can now say I would never buy anything from this company.

Yes, I have gotten my complaints met with satisfaction by taking them to the CEO..
Totally agree.........EXCEPT that I never had ANY GOOD EXPERIENCES w/Dell..............filed two BBB things against them, while I owned my one computer that was Dell.............that was the only way I could get any sort of results. Each time.......after filing BBB........within two days I had a phone call from someone at the Co. that was willing to fix it..............why should you have to do that?

I would go without a computer before I would ever buy another Dell!!!

#3 ·
Companies like this need to realise that news about bad experiences travel much faster than news about good experiences, so you would think that they would do their very best to look after their customers.

They must just be that big that they don't feel the need to worry about us.

I had the same experience with Toshiba after the hard drive on my laptop decided to fry itself.......It was only a week old!

This all happened when we were overseas and, as we were relying on the laptop, we had to get it fixed on the fly......You guessed it, Toshiba didn't want to know about it......Go Figure...

#5 ·
They must just be that big that they don't feel the need to worry about us.

....Go Figure...
Yep, and if I ever thought that it might be just me my 'computer nerd' had the worst exp. with them---with my Dell. He ordered a major part before it was even a year old.......and they sent the wrong part--after waiting forever......he ended up putting in a used one he had on hand.
He HATES working on Dell...........but he says as long as they make Dell he will never go hungry!!! :laugh:

#4 ·
Luckily my ds had good luck with his Dell laptop or is it good luck with Best Buy just recently? He had saved his money and bought it a few months back. It got bumped off a coffee table by a pet. He went and told Best Buy what happened and didn't figure it was covered. They sent it out and it was repaired free of charge and works great.

#7 ·
We are using our 3rd and 4th Dell desktop computers nowadays. We have had good luck with all of these. The newest one is 2 years old.
I am looking to buy a laptop. My first laptop. Most reviews I've seen for Dell laptops have been tepid.
So I'm not even considering a Dell. I am looking at Lenovo laptops right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.