Frugal Village Forums banner

Feeling a little victory dance coming on!

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Sophiasmama 
#1 ·
Only ds and I ended up going to church this morning since Dh worked last night and the girls werent feeling great so I grabbed the grocery plan and a laundry basket to take with us for a trip to Aldi for our groceries. Now I wanted to do once a month shopping but decided that every 2 weeks would be more realistic for now with the amount of storage we have. So ds and I went with the plan to spend no more than $150. Remember ds is only 7. We were able to get everything on our list plus a couple of extras in under an hour for $141!!!!!!! Im feeling pretty good about it right now!

#3 ·
Awesome! I love it when that happens. Doing the dance with you. :fdance:

#6 ·
Once a month shopping is hard so a 2 week plan is much more doable..and eventually if u want to shop 1x a month u will ..this is excellent planning and so glad that your daughter helped....even though she is 7 is good for her to learn..that this costs 2 and this cost 4 so I can 2 of the two dollar things instead of one of the 4 dollar...great way to teach a child about budgeting, math and wanting and needs..

#8 ·
Way to go! You both did a great job of it with money left over for the rest of the 2 weeks or for savings. Fantastic!

#9 ·
I love Aldi's....unfortunately we don't have them in Houston yet....but, we have Trader Joe's (did you know that the founders of Aldi's and Trader Joe's are brothers?) I spent way too much money there....but love their fresh produce and their selections of cheeses......We are suppose to be getting Aldi's this spring....I'm ready!!!!!

#10 ·
I love Aldi's....unfortunately we don't have them in Houston yet....but, we have Trader Joe's (did you know that the founders of Aldi's and Trader Joe's are brothers?) I spent way too much money there....but love their fresh produce and their selections of cheeses......We are suppose to be getting Aldi's this spring....I'm ready!!!!!
Really?! That's interesting!

#11 ·
Way to go! I love spending under the budgeted amount. You did good!

They are opening an Aldi's near us in March. I am ready to see how much more I can save by shopping there too.

#13 ·
That is soo nice when that happens! I was thrilled when they opened an Aldis by us, only to find myself spending way over my budget! :( I guess a lot of others felt that way too, because it closed in under 2 years. But what I did like were the huge bags of frozen ravioli for about $3". I went back to get more, but it turned out to be one of those "one time" deals. Their breads were very good and super cheap too. But the milk, which I heard was supposed to be VERY cheap, was $3.29 a gal. I was so disappointed. So I agree, if you don't use coupons, thenAldis is for you. I just can't seem to do any better than I do at Publix matching BOGO sales and coupons.

Glad you and your kiddo did so good!

Theresa :)

#14 ·
Congrats, I love aldis, I practically grew up on aldi stuff.

I didn't know Aldi and Trader Joe are brothers, but Im not surprised, the American deals always have 'Trader Joe' on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.