Frugal Village Forums banner

Score at my grocery store.

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Trishagirl 
#1 ·
My Kroger had a bunch of stuff marked down today.

I managed to get 12 packages of turkey Italian sausage for 1.49 each
10 pounds of free range boneless chicken breasts for 1.79 a pound
7 pounds of ground turkey for 1.49 each
giant bag of onions for 75 cents
8 half gallons of organic milk for 1.50 each
Large bag of bell peppers for 1.29

So, half the onions and peppers are dehydrating and the other half are in one of the ovens roasting.
I mixed half the sausage with 3 pounds of the turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, cheese, shredded carrots, and white wine and now am now baking a couple of hundred meatballs.
The rest of the sausage and turkey I cooked up and froze in meal sized portions.
The chicken I vacuum sealed in meal sizes with marinades. I labeled them and they are now freezing.
All the milk but one container is freezing.

#3 ·
I like that not only did you score big! but you prepped them right away into meals so they don't go to waste. Great job!!!

#5 ·
I love scores like that. Makes your day!

#7 ·
You did great! I love when that happens!

My biggest score lately was picking up eight 8-oz. cans of Parmesan cheese for $1.50 each. That's half the usual SALE price. That'll help keep the cost down when I make Parmesan herb crackers, which require a whole can per batch.

This week we're working the coupons. One of our stores has canned beans and veggies on sale for .60/can, but they have a coupon for $2 off ten. That brings it down to .40/can! That's very, very cheap for our stores. So we're picking stuff up daily.
`

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.