Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone shop through Azure Standard?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AspiringToBeFrugal 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is the best forum to put this topic under but here goes...
Have any of you ever ordered groceries through Azure Standard? The community I live in has recently become a delivery site and a friend of mine introduced me to their catalog a couple months ago. I was happy with my first order, but I wondered if other people found Azure's prices comparable or better than those at heir local stores. I got a box of oranges cheaper through Azure than the price I would pay at the local grocery store. And their natural peanut butter was cheaper too (even though it is a larger up-front cost because you're buying in bulk). What is your experience?

#2 ·
I haven't ordered but I know a lot of ladies that do. I think they would buy it thru their anyway as they think the quality is higher than the local grocery stores.

#3 ·
Yes I do. Most prices are better for the organic brands you are buying. Some prices are exceptionally good deals. I buy organic oats among many other things in 25 lb bags and they are cheaper than the cheapest store brand conventional oats. Good place to buy organic dried beans also wheat berries if you grind your own wheat.

#4 ·
I haven't been thrilled with most of the produce that we have ordered. My last box of apples had three that were so rotten that they were leaking all over the other apples in the box and out the bottom of the box. They were to the point that they were hard to pick them up to get them out of the box type of leaking. **gag**

They are the cheapest place to get a lot of things though. I order ginko through them. And, arnica and our toothpaste.

#6 ·
Yes, they are good about crediting your account.

I ordered a box of strawberry-flavored stevia-sweetened drink tubes (you know the kind you put in your water bottle). It was supposed to be a box of 10. There were only five in the box. They credited my account for half the cost. (And, it worked out anyway to have only gotten five because I didn't really care for them.)

#7 ·
I guess I should've added my comment about the produce to my initial post. I had ordered some organic kale and when it got here it was all rotten. I called the company and hey promptly credited my account. I had a couple rotten oranges but the vast majority were great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.