Frugal Village Forums banner

Recommitting to frugality--thank you!!

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Cares 
#1 ·
WOW...got DH's paycheck today and realized, I'm gonna have a muffin top soon thanks to all the tightening on this budget belt of mine! We really have to buckle down over the next few months but I think we're ready for the challenge. :fight:

Thanks FVers for being my inspiration! :cheer4:

#2 ·
Good for you! Have been on that cycle myself and always come out stronger! Keep us posted!

Reactions: AspiringToBeFrugal
#4 ·
Want to say again...glad to see you back! You know this place ( Village ) works to keep you motivated. Keep us up to date on how you're doing. Join some challenges. :)

Reactions: AspiringToBeFrugal
#7 ·
OK! Well, I'm off to a fairly good start today (will probably post some of this over on the Frugal Living challenge). Have thrown a lot of junk mail/paper junk away today in an effort to simplify our lives. ALSO, (and this is the biggest news) I made $15 today by posting some things on a Facebook swap meet! These were things I'd received as gifts and will NEVER use, so there's a little $$ in my pocket (and I'll be putting that toward my July goals since we're so close to the new month)! Actually, I'll put it toward some bills, but as my signature says, "Every Little Bit Helps!"

#8 ·
Wooo-hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a day! In addition to the $15 I told you about above, I made another $17 by selling some more stuff AND I got a paycheck in the mail for a radio program I did earlier this month!!! All of it is going toward my July goals and all will go toward paying down those bills!

#11 ·
AspiringToBeFrugal;4111617722ALSO said:
I've been selling on several Facebook sell sites for a couple months now. A lot of stuff that was in the old house that we don't have room for anymore in this place. Its 1/3 the size almost.
I love selling on there and only had a couple no shows. I think I've sold about $1300 over the last couple months. You can do well at it if you keep it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.