Frugal Village Forums banner

10 Key Characteristics of Debt-Free People (of Modest Means)

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  tripleb 
#1 ·
#4 ·
ah~ this list is much better than the list written by the 'shockingly stupid writer' & his '10 shockingly stupid ways to save money' ~ lol

I have to say that DH & I shine in each of these categories.

They say 'don't sweat the small stuff' - but in reality, it's mostly small stuff - if you aren't sweating it (or at least thinking about it at all times) - then you won't wake up one day, and find yourself ahead of any of the games...

#7 ·
I agree it was great. Thanks for sharing.

I read the replies and was amazed at the number of people who thought $40,000 a year was poverty. I would be thrilled to death to have that much income.

The key is quite simple -- spend less than you make -- regardless of income.

In my years of doing bankruptcies I've seen families that were basically identical with incomes of over $100,000 and less than $20,000. I could look at the $100,000 family and see the lack of these 10 characteristics and often felt the same way about the $20,000 family. If you cannot live on your income you need to either increase your income or decrease your spending. Yet, with both families I saw resistence to giving anything up.

#12 ·
I clicked the link, and right above the main article was this ad:

10 Key Characteristics of Debt-Free People (of Modest Means)

By Len Penzo

Personal Loans $5K-$100K
amone.com
No Collateral. For Any Purpose. Easier Process. Get Approved Fast!

Ironic or what? :shrug2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.