Frugal Village Forums banner

Money Management Game

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PlainCash4 
#1 ·
SPENT

This is a game where you choose a job and then make a series of life decisions about spending the income. This would be a great game for high school kids to play. Minimum wage might seem like a lot of money to a school kid living at home. It's a great reality check and a well-designed game.

Reactions: Nadders11
#4 ·
Oops, it isn't a board game but it isn't set up very fairly either. It really doesn't teach people how to plan ahead and make wise choices. It seems bent at just trying to demonstrate how unfair life is for poor people. Nay, I don't buy it. While life has been tough for me sometimes, I can come up with much more creative choices than the ones given on the game.

#5 ·
This game was supposed to make me feel bad for people who make minimum wage. All it did was remind me to list my daughter's college books so she can pay for her books for next semester.

There are NOT just three job choices in this country. There is a choice to educate and/or train yourself for a better, less dependent future. And why wasn't any of my choices to work a second job?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.