Frugal Village Forums banner

Car shopping, ugh!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  zakity 
#1 ·
I was out for hours this afternoon test driving used cars. None of them really grabbed me, but I'm leaning toward a Mazda2, or possibly a Scion. They were the most responsive of the hatchbacks I tried.

Does anyone here drive either of those? I'd love to have your feedback.

#2 ·
I hate car shopping, too. Good luck.

No help on the cars since we're truck people, but we found a great price on our van by having our trusted dealer shop car auctions nationwide for us and getting us a rental return. We told him exactly what we wanted, and got right of refusal in writing. They found us what we wanted and then flew a guy to Denver to pick it up for us. We saved a bundle. Of course, if you have lots of dealers around it might be different for you but if you know what you want, it might be worth checking into.

#3 ·
~We don't have a hatchback, but we do have a Hyundai coupe and we would definitely recommend the brand. Pretty much all Hyundais are very highly rated, reliable and nice to drive and they make some very nice hatchback models. The Accent gets over 30MPG average. A quick search near me found one with only 50K miles, 2010 and only $8K. Don't know your budget but that sounds pretty good to me. :) ~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.