Frugal Village Forums banner

Getting back on the frugal wagon...

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  kathirynne 
#1 ·
:purpcat: I need to get serious again. Have been careless and 'spendy' lately.

Tired of running out of money before end of month. Who's with me? :horse: They can take our freedom, but they'll never take.......our frugality!

#5 ·
I'm in!!! Since my daughter moved here in May and my son showed up last week money has been flying out of my hands like I have my own personal printing press. We have plans for the weekend but after that the purse strings will be drawn. I'm not running out of money before the end of the month but I'm not able to save like I should be.

#8 ·
Yikes! It's good that the bills aren't an issue yet, but I'm sure it's still scary.

I haven't been on here in ages. We are now self-employed and while we're not rich we aren't poor either. However, we need to be careful and responsible with our money. I'm hoping to spend more time reading here to get motivated.

#9 ·
InEmile - welcome back! My daughter, her bf, my granddaughter and my son are living with me. Of the 4 adults I'm the only one without a job. We are splitting all joint bills 4 ways. Living with 3 generations in the house can be very beneficial! I'll watch my granddaughter until I find a job and save my daughter daycare money. I can think of worse ways to spend my day ;-)

#10 ·
Oh, NO, Livin' Large, laid off!?! Great timing, huh?

I'm working on trying to get DH to turn down (up?) the a/c. Sheesh! He is a big guy and is always too warm. I'm gonna get a ruler and crack the back of his hands ever time he gets near the a/c thermostat. He went to Catholic School, that'll register with him. :teach: It's been really nice, lately, though....we are taking advantage and having the windows open.

Now, if I could just get the grocery bill down a little...........:drama:

#11 ·
There is never a good time but at least my family is here and I can spend the extra time with them....it's all good!! I actually had a job interview the night before I was laid off and I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if I get the job - here's hoping! But this just reinforces why I choose to live frugally and how it can truly save your butt!!

Reactions: piney
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.