Treats you work into the budget - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    SD: I think that is the way to go ultimately. Unfortunately I have a DH who refuses to camp...in anything short of a 30 foot motorhome! And no, we can't afford one.
    Why not rent one.............see how you like it??

That is called 'glamping'............and I am sort of in there too............I want a shower and toilet at MY disposal.......and not real keen on cooking over a campfire........so that means some sort of stove......though I have cooked on the portable gas stoves.

Have been looking at some of the tiny ones..........they sure are cute.......but not sure "cute" would get me through to "comfort".......and I need room for TWO kennels!

SD.....there is a Chalet dealer on the west side of the mtns...........was surprised to find that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chalets are made in Oregon, so most of the dealers are west of the Rockies. Aliners are made in Pennsylvania.

We have a toilet and will have two showers, indoor and outdoor, once I figure out how to hang the shower curtain inside the trailer. We have everything we need to be comfortable.

Glamping is not just having an RV, it's a whole other thing. Sorta defeats the purpose IMO. Assuming the purpose is to save some money while traveling.

It's really nice to have our own beds and not have to worry about bedbugs and who did what with whom in the same bed a few hours ago, or whether or not the sheets were even washed, or whether the shower or the carpet is going to give me a life-threatening foot fungus. The ick factor is so high in hotels I just cringe whenever we have to stay in one, which fortunately isn't very often.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yuck spirit deer, now I'm gonna have to buy a new camper and not used. Thanks :p

Maybe we'll buy used and change the mattresses and carpet. Bleach and fumigate everything.

I'm just dreaming here, wont be buying one for a year or two...but that sure is gross to think about.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gross, but true. There's a huge discussion running on my camping forum about foot fungus in public showers and how shower shoes don't necessarily prevent the spread. Hotel showers aren't much different.

I don't mind used RVs so much. They're not usually used by thousands of people before you get them. And when you do get one, you can do as you said and sanitize things.

Personally, I hate carpets in RVs. It's impossible to keep them clean because of all the crud that gets tracked in.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My apologies to the OP. I did not mean to hijack this thread but it seems to have meandered far off its intended course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You are right SD. I sure do have my other priorities/treats I make room for in the budget. (May as well get this thread back on course!) Mostly my hobbies. And books. Though mostly I use the library now. Currently my priority is instructional DVDs on different subjects. I have one called "Between Cross and Crescent" from Great Courses on the history of the Jewish people, and 3 rug hooking DVDs waiting to be watched. One on colour and the other two general DVDs by Gene Shepherd. Can't wait to watch them!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234