An AHA Moment

Thread: An AHA Moment

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default An AHA Moment

Let me start off by saying that I have not been the most in-tune person with gas prices. Until I started reading on here I had no idea the price of gas. I never pump gas. My husband always takes my car and makes sure it has gas.

But since being on here now for quite a few months I have started to notice things I never had before. (Thanks ya'll) So now I am noticing the increasing gas prices and decide that I am going to cut down on my gas usuage. I started by running errands at the time I am picking up my kids from school, etc.

Then today (my AHA moment) I realized that I am always running all over town to help people. For instance, just today a friend that I have been helping do a resume called and wanted me to go by here house so I could help her format her resume and check it etc. It is a 20 minute drive to her house so 40 minutes to go on the other side of town and help her. I told her that I would love to help her but it would work out better for me if she came by my house and we did it from my computer. Not only did it save me gas but it also saved my time.

Then another friend wanted me to go over to her house to help her call her credit card companies and see if they would lower her rates. I again said I would be glad to help but if possible while she was out could she stop by my house. Saving me another 30 minute roundtrip.

One friend laughed and said she thought I liked running all over town that is why she just thought it was easier for me to go to her house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Freedeal,

I think sometimes people just don't think at all. Its that "Me First" attitude that so many folks seem to have lately.

I bet you will notice your mileage/gas going down with you just doing what you are doing.

Good for you : )
    leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! Good for you! Yep, people will often choose the path that's easiest for THEM. Now people will have to realize that if they want your help, they may have to inconvenience themselves a bit!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woohoo! Good for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you! Saving your time and money! It's great that you're so helpful to others and there for them, but even better now that they're willing to come to you for the help at your own home!

I know in the past I never paid attention to fuel prices either and back when we lived at the old farm I never thought twice about the 14 mile round trip to town sometimes daily

Now I schedule errands for one day a week and we live within a mile of town.

kj

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG! I didn't always pay attention to the price of gas, either. Now I have to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you! I like, also, not just that you noticed but that you were willing to do something about it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too have been more aware lately. With summer coming, my DS plays a lot of summer basketball-camps, summer leagues, etc... Being the SAHM (most of the time) I have always done most of the carpooling. This year though will have to be different-I just can't afford to be driving all over the place. I have already started to budget extra $$ for gas. I like the tactful approach you took towards your friends and hopefully I will be able to do the same.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heh heh. To put it into even more perspective for you, I don't even have a car - so if I needed help to make a phone call, I'd talk to my friend on the phone, then make my call. Likewise, if I needed help on my resume, I'd email my friend a copy and let him/her make some corrections.