AAAHHH! The grocery bill that ate Ontario!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default AAAHHH! The grocery bill that ate Ontario!

My grocery bill is simply spiralling out of control --- I spent $75 today and I did not get everything I needed so I have to go back tomorrow, for crying out loud.

I started doing Weight Watchers about a month ago, which is just spectacular for my health, but not so great for my wallet. I am eating tons and tons of fruit and veggies and "tis NOT the season!" I am trying to optimistically think about the fact that I am hardly eating out at all. That does cancel out a little bit.

But the long and the short of it is that I am going to be about $100 over my $300 grocery budget at the rate I am going. I am at $161 and it is only the 8th!:surprise:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found the same thing when I did weight watchers so I ended up eating the same meal a few times a week, it seemed to work out cheaper for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know exactly what you mean. Have you checked out any of the free WW messageboards? They normally have inexpensive ideas for 'real' food. I got a recipe off there for baked oatmeal that probably costs me $3 to make the whole pan. I cut it into squares and have one for my breakfast-lasts me 6 days.

Also, check out Healthy spam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typed: http://www.healthy.spam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typed.com/index.htm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, great ideas!

I made a big pot of low points soup yesterday for lunches this week - that should help a lot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We haven't done weight watchers, but about a year ago, we switched to a "healthier" style of eating. It wrecked havoc on our wallets for several months. It took me a while to get a really good handle on what we needed.
    I also found that I was purchasing more than we needed, too. When you are eating healthier &/or dieting, you eat ALOT less. So I found I was able to adjust some of our food that we bought. Where I was so used to buying x amount of something...we were now using only half that much and things were either being wasted or frozen at the end of the week.

It'll take you a little while, but you will get adjusted and you'll find some good meals that work with your budget! On the plus side, in the last year, my hubby and I have lost about 145 pounds (combined...I'm about 50 of those pounds...and only 14 away from my goal)...and our grocery budget is lower than ever, spending only about $25/week on groceries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me too! I'm already 1/2 over my budget for Dec., we'll be eating alot of pasta this month!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

weight watchers sure isnt cheap. But I find the veggies and fruits are the budget killer, period.!!!
    Its so hard to eat fresh unless u buy frozen ones in baggies and make slushies with ice, powder milk to supplement the diet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know how specific the WW fruit and veggie parts are, but surely you can change things a bit based on what's in season. For instance, this time of year I would never buy berries, but I tend to eat a lot of apples and citrus, some tropical fruits, maybe cranberries. Also, this is the time of year for squash, yams, etc. So eating seasonally makes a HUGE difference.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile money or weight loss?

When I read your post I had to chuckle a bit. I could have written that one myself a few months ago. I always said that I could either watch my weight or watch my money but never both at the same time. Well, I settled into a routine and it became much easier as time went on and now I find myself almost 60 pounds thinner than at the beginning of the year. Pm me if you want and I'll give you a few tips. I actually used to be a lecturer for WW in my earlier days. BUT just because I know how to do it doesn't always mean that I do do it....if you know what I mean lol