Frugal Village Forums banner

1st month of budget, it's working!

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  thrifty gal 
#1 ·
Well, I first joined this forum in November just trying to plan a 50th wedding annivesary for my parents in February (great party btw!). It wasn't until the end of January that I started reading the rest of the money-saving tips and then trying to come up w/ a budget, that our family took our 1st steps on becoming frugal. It was a huge wakeup call for us (mainly me since dh did the bills) to see why we were coming up short every month and why were having to use cc's to get by. By incorporating so many wonderful tips that I read from you all :bowing:, February was the 1st month that we actually not only made it but we had $82 left, which we put it towards our Emergency Fund! :yippee: I can't tell you the last time we had money left over but I would say it's been years and years. We just redid our budget for March (did not realize we should do one every month until reading Dave Ramsey), just to make sure we account for every single little expense, and I am really enjoying being fully aware of our finances. I am so hooked on this way of living now and I know my dh feels a huge weight lifted off his shoulders too. So thanks everyone..........I just love this forum!

#4 ·
Yeah! I am so happy for you, my budget keeps me on track and helps me sleep at night. I know the numbers for everything now and I know what I need to do with my next paycheck when it comes to make everything fall into place and it's a great feeling when that happens :).

#6 ·
Being frugal, and stretching my dollars becomes a game. If I have money left over...I win that month! he he

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.