Frugal Village Forums banner

kid lunches!

Tags
kid lunches
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bee9984 
#1 ·
I need some ideas for something different for dd's lunch. She has to take a morning and afternoon snack, plus lunch to daycare. She is sick of peanut butter and jelly. Any ideas? TIA

#2 ·
Some things my kids bring:
hard boiled eggs
cold pizza
homemade hot pockets (they don't mind them not being hot)
tortilla rollups (tortilla w/ deli, cheese, & mayo or mustard and whatever veggies they like rolled up - I also do this with cream cheese and ham)
cold chicken
chicken salad
tuna salad
cottage cheese
carrots & ranch
carrots & peanut butter
popcorn
homemade muffins
soup in a thermos
spaghetti Os in a thermos (a rare treat)
bagel & cream cheese
bagel & peanut butter
bagel & nutella
apples, bananas, grapes, whatever fruit is in season
green pepper strips
cheese & crackers
pasta salad
macaroni salad
potato salad
Hot dog in a thermos (kept warm with hot water in the thermos) and a hot dog bun in a baggie. You could even throw in some ketchup packets from the last fast food trip you made ;)
Macaroni & cheese in a thermos

I also try to switch up sandwiches by putting them on different things white, wheat, multi-grain, tortillas, bagels, hot dog rolls (make it like a sub/grinder/hoagie whatever you call them lol with lettuce tomato & mayo), hamburger rolls, english muffins etc.

My kids also like the individual applesauce cups, the colored ones so I bought a bunch of those little gladware cups w/ tops and send then with jarred applesauce w/ a few drops of food coloring added. They love it!

They like those yogurt tubes, sometimes I freeze them so they have a sort of "popcicle" at lunch.

TIP: keep the cut up apples (and other fruits) from browning by dipping them in lemon juice (I use the bottle Realemon) it really works and it doesn't make the apples taste lemon-y ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.