New uses for baby wipes
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post New uses for baby wipes

Baby wipes are useful, even if you don’t have a baby. They come in a portable container, which is ideal for times when you’re on the go. They aren’t as abrasive as a washcloth or paper towel, but they are durable. Keep them on your shopping list for a variety of nontraditional uses. How have you used them?
    Here are a few suggestions:

Freshen up:
    Give your face and hands a quick cleanup on a hot day. Wipes are especially helpful during the summer for kids. Think grimy hands or feet after playing at the park, or sticky faces from juicy popsicles. One reader, Rhayne from New Jersey, shares: “I don’t wear makeup every day, but when I do, I remove it with baby wipes. I bought a 72-pack of Huggies Natural Care wipes. I have sensitive skin, so I decided to try them. They don’t irritate my skin at all or make my eyes sting like some makeup remover cloths have in the past. They also remove waterproof mascara very easily. All I do is wipe my makeup off, rinse my face and dry it, then apply lotion/moisturizer.”
    Stain removal:
    Address a food stain quickly and avoid public embarrassment by dabbing it with a baby wipe until you can get home to properly launder it. Works well to clean up deodorant marks on your shirt, too.
    Give to teachers:
    Teachers can use them to wipe desks and clean dry erase boards. They’re also useful for quick cleaning of hands before and after snack time.
    Around the house:
    While there are disinfectant cleaning wipes on the market, you can use regular baby wipes for light surface cleaning on walls, microwave exteriors, ceiling fans, mini blinds, faucets, tables, high chairs or counters. They’re particularly helpful for small sticky messes from products such as honey, jelly, syrup or hairspray. If you have some dried-up wipes, attach one at a time to your Swiffer mop, spray with cleaning solution of your choosing and mop your floor. Keep some in your car to lightly dust your dashboard, or for cleaning your hands after you pump gas or check your oil.
    Clean shoes:
    Do your dingy shoes need a bit of shining? Use baby wipes to remove light scuffmarks or daily dirt. Another reader, Bonnie from Oregon, adds: “My daughter uses them to clean off her basketball shoes before a game.” Wipes work well for light surface cleaning of purses, wallets and luggage, too.
    Clean keyboard:
    Use a baby wipe to clean your keyboard, the top of your mouse, your desk, television remotes or game controllers.
    Make your own:
    For various homemade baby wipes solutions, visit frugalvillage.com/forums/make-yourself/88868-homemade-baby-wipes-2.html, or make your own disinfectant wipes, which are even better for household cleaning. Use washcloths, cotton cloths or a roll of thick paper towels cut in half with the cardboard tube removed. Place them in a container with a lid, such as a plastic ice-cream tub, plastic coffee container or baby-wipes box. For the cleaner, use a two-to-one mixture of vinegar and water or your favorite antibacterial cleaner. Dilute according to your cleaner’s label instructions. You can add your favorite essential oils, such as lemon or tea tree. Be careful to label cleaning wipes, and store them in a safe place, away from pets and children.
    photo by jenrab

More...
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When boondocking or any other time... add 1/2 cup of 50% rubbing alcohol to 1 box of wipes. Pour over & turn it over several times. Clean, fresh smelling, dries quickly, & antiseptic. Body smells are gone!
    Ali
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are great for hygiene and less expensive than the fancy single packets. I get the unscented for sensitive skin and will also use them on my cat when she needs help cleaning herself. Pharmacies or dollar stores will sell the plastic coin or small plastic comestic bags that are zippered. They are great to carry some baby wipes in and take up less space. Plus if they happen to get dried out you can just wet them a little in the sink and use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even before I had my little one I used to carry baby wipes regularly on my bag to freshen up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't have children but I buy a 72 pack of Huggies naturals baby wipes. They're very gentle, hypoallergenic and I use them to remove makeup. I only wear makeup 1-2 times a week so the pack lasts me forever.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

These are better then 'wet ones' b/c they're softer, thicker and hold more moisture. Great for cleaning of the food court table/chairs so you can sit at a clean table free of hidden sticky stains and save yourself from ruining clothes.