Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone from West Virginia

Tags
virginia west
8K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Sunnydee 
#1 ·
I know that a few live in West Virginia, I am in the Wheeling area in the Northern Panhandle on North side of Interstate 70.

#7 ·
yea. we met at a local flea market once. We're both busy and the market is a one hour drive for me one way so I don't go to it that much if ever.

We have a food tax and a gas tax and now our personal property taxes are going up ( cars are accessed at double their value). But since I live close enough I go to Maryland to get my food ( no food tax just a junk food tax I think) and my gas I can go to either Virginia or Maryland. Va is like 30-40 cents cheaper and Md is sometimes 20-25 cents cheaper. We're getting gouged here because only two families own all the gas stations and they charge what they want and they want $$$$$$ baby! IMO.

#8 ·
Don't live there anymore, but claim it as my home state. Was technically born in Ohio but my first memories are of moving into a new (rented) house in New Haven up on the hill, then into a house down in the valley behind main street. Later we moved to Elkins and finally I went to Jr High and High School in Wheeling, and of course, I went to WVU in Morgantown...

I just had to leave the state to get married. Don't have any female cousins w/in the borders... ;)

#13 ·
I'm in the Northern Panhandle, Hancock county...
Right smack dab in between Pennsylvania and Ohio... So I do my clothes shopping in PA (no tax on clothes) and food shopping in Ohio (no food tax) everything else is better bought here in WV as it's only 6% tax instead of 7-7 1/2%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.