Frugal Village Forums banner

Hello from Austin, Texas

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  FrugalMomof3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, :wave:

I've been snooping :lurking:around this website and forum for about a week now and finally decided to jump in.

There is so much good information here so thank you all for posting and sharing. Over the last few years I think have slowly become more frugal and really thought I have found every frugal tip out there is but boy was I wrong. :p

There is a wealth of information here and again ... I really appreciate it especially since this month I decided to try living on only my Fiance's income since he makes slightly less than I do a month. This will help us place more money on credit card bills and has really given me insight as to what I need versus what I just want. It's an interesting experiment and hopefully I can stick to it.

From the newbie questionaire ...

How did you hear about frugal village? I have Google setup to send me alerts with the keyword "Frugal", on one of my e-mails I found an article posted here in frugalvillage

What interests you here? Frugality. Not just to save money but I am trying to become more green. I found not only does going green help the environment but it also helps my pocket book. Don't get me wrong, I need to save the money, my goals in life is to have no credit card debt, 6 months of savings and to be able to put a nice down payment on a house.

What will you contribute? Well I have been exploring frugality for a few years and learning how to go green. I have thought up several ways my Fiance and I can go green and save money so I may or may not be able to contribute new ideas and if not maybe just help contribute to the conversation a bit.

Do you know any other members here? I don't think so .. any one from Austin, Texas ?

How many kids? Ages? No children ... yet. I'm still on the fence about whether I want children or not. My Fiance does want one or two. I do however have three Miniature Schnauzers which I adore.

Tell us about yourself. 31 year old Scorpio who is going to marry in October a sweet and sexy Cancer. Both of us are native Austinites. I'm terrible at spelling and my grammar could really use some tunning up. I'm a Quality Analyst lead for a company which provides electronic billing services and software here in Austin, Texas. I have three Miniature Schnauzers currently all which I love to death. I'm love genealogy, scrap booking, photography, reading, cooking, shopping, video games and computers. Boy that's more than you guys wanted know wasn't it?:lol3:

Do you own any pets? Boy do I! I know I haven't mentioned this but I have three Miniature Schnauzers. My oldest, Taelia was a rescue and she is currently five years old. I purchased my second and third. The second is Sinia is three years old and I recently added my third, Dante who as born in July.

In addition I also have a 50 gallon tank with two goldfish in it. I use to have three but ... fishy go down the :toilet:

See less See more
#2 ·
Good Morning and :welcome2: from Oklahoma. :wave:. I am originally from Houston, TX and every weekend we used to go camping at Lake Travis. :boat: It was beautiful there.

#11 ·
Welcome to Frugal Village! :grnwave:

#13 ·
Glad to me you! Welcome!

#16 ·
Hi there and :welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.