Frugal Village Forums banner

Need motivation

Tags
motivation
1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Michelle 
#1 ·
I am so blah today. What do you do to motivate yourself when you just want to keep checking the new posts, your email, etc? I have some serious work to get done and I just can't make myself do it.

#2 ·
what do you need to get done?

I'll be happy to challenge you to 15 minutes of cleaning if you like!

Reactions: missyali
#3 ·
I have the serious case of I dont want to today, But as i walked passed the dishwasher for the 4 time i stopped and threw a load at it and got it running. Then i took the route less traveled to the laundry room and had to step over kids laundry so i got that started.....lol. So now i have the 3rd load of laundry going a load of dishes going hamburger cooking in the crockpot and supper is thawing out....whew im tired now....lol. Come on and join me my case of the dont want to is still there as i keep coming back here...lol:wave2:

#4 ·
I don't know that I have any advice, but I can sure relate. I've felt like that all week. I sometimes wonder if it gets worse at certain times of the month. There is nothing like knowing company is coming to make me get in gear.

I hope it passes soon!

#5 ·
I totally go with the 15 minute rule. Just do something, anything, for 15 minutes, then you can stop if you want and go check e-mail and posts and such. That's what I do and it's amazing how much you can get done in 15 minute increments. Good Luck!

#6 ·
Usually what I do is I picture how clean, shiny and beautiful things look after I have straightened up. It always motivates me. I do that with wanting to paint something or fix something... I picture the outcome and it makes me get off my butt and do it! :)

#8 ·
I hear ya...it's hot out and humid as all get out..and the room where my computer is, is the only air conditioned room in the house..I don't want to move either but I gotta get something done before DH gets home or he'll have a big gripe with me..my house is clean, it just kills him that I'm not working right now..maybe I'll go shine the bathroom sink or something..

#10 ·
Well, I did it. I turn off the computer and walked away. Did a load of laundry, made dinner, tossed the kids in the tub. My reward, a street festival that my ds LOVED! He had his first funnel cake and about a quart of lemonade. DD, not so impressed, no carnival rides *snaps fingers* shucks!

#11 ·
Your definately not the only one with this problem. I usually get up early in the morning but DH doesn't. I find myself trying to be quiet so I get online and check email and FV. Of course by the time he does get up all I want to do is sit in front of the computer. Now with our A/C not working I think its gonna be worse.

Does anyone else find that they go to bed at night and wake up thinking about things they want to do? That's one of my biggest problems too.

Debbie in Missouri

#12 · (Edited)
I had this really bad on Tuesday...I have named it "a case of the lazys" and declared it a medical condition. Anyway on Tuesday I never got out of my pajamas. I went from the couch, to the love seat , to the easy chair to the computer desk to check emails and look at several sites. I did call several people (who were all working) while I was sitting in the different locations. I also lavished lots of love on my darling dog. I never opened my front door although I did go out on the patio and sit for awhile. It was not my fault that nothing got accomplished on Tuesday my medical condition "the lazys" were acting up. That is my story and I am sticking to it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.