Frugal Village Forums banner

I changed my mind(teeth bleaching)

825 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  momof2joys 
#1 ·
I *did* get money for my b'day from MIL. She told me it was for a laptop..lol. Not going to happen. I was going to bleach my teeth, and i changed my mind.

And then dh got word that his company had shut down a plant, and that puts us on edge.

I decided that I won't spend the money on my teeth. My teeth aren't stained, they are fairly light. So it's not *really*necessary.

So the money is still in the envelope.

I did decide what I'm doing with it. I'm doing something that i've wanted to do for awhile, but it's something that'll benefit us for a long time.

It'll improve the value of our property and make me very proud of our home.(I love our hoem..lol). I'm going to hire a permaculture landscape designer. He will work with me to design a beautiful edible yard. He won't do the work, that is beyond my budget, but he'll do scale drawings, list specifc types of plants and trees we'll be adding, size to get, etc! He's doing it so I can do it in stages, so as the budget allows, and it's being done with repurposed, recycled and scavenged materials as much as possible. We'll likely need to get dirt for some of it, but other than that, seeds, plants and seedlings, as the budget allows.

This will be a high percentage edibles, fruit, berries, perennial vegetables and annual veggies mixed in will be herbs, edible flowers and other non poisonous flowers.

Am I silly? Should i have just done the teeth bleaching? Is it momma guilt? I'll LOVE a beautiful country fresh yard, not the plain sterile lawn we have now.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think the yard idea is awesome and so creative. What a beautiful and functional yard you will have! It will have a larger and longer-lasting effect than the teeth-bleaching, and you can still save to have your teeth bleached!

I feel for you because I would just love to have veneers done to have "model teeth." I've put it off for about 6 years now, but that doesn't mean it won't happen! You can do the same. I would venture to guess that even if you had both teeth and yard done at the same time, your yard would bring you more satisfaction.

#5 ·
I think that you will get more out of the garden/landscaping!! Teeth bleaching you will probably have to do again in a few years!! I think it is a good choice!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.