Frugal Village Forums banner

First Real Snow Fall Today

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  tigo 
#1 ·
Woohoo, its been snowing here since I woke up this morning and finally started to "stick" around 11am. You cant see the grass anymore, everything is white including the street. I think one of the reasons I'm so happy is that I don't have to drive anywhere today, LOL. My 14 yr old DS has a seasons pass to a local mountain and they have already had to put off opening because of lack of snow, they do not make their own, so he's been checking out the live web cam up there and waiting with baited breath!:snowing:

#2 ·
I hope we get some snow here this year. We've lived in east Texas 'way out in the country, and I haven't seen snow here yet, because we've always gone to south Texas for the winter. Brownsville, the very southern tip. But one Christmas morning a few years ago, we had snow all the way down there. Most people there had never seen it before, and I think no living souls had seen it of Christmas!

#3 ·
Very jealous on this end. We live in Florida, and I have never seen snow. I hear it's cold and wet though, so I think I'm good!

I think next year, I am going to put it in the budget to make a trip up "north" to see snow. Just drive one long weekend until I find it, let my little one play in it for a bit and turn around and drive home. I wish we had time for it this year, but it's just not in the budget. Sigh. I'm sure I only need to see it once to truely appreciate how cold it is.

#4 ·
We too have had our first real snowfall that actually stuck. It started last night and I woke up to a blanket of beautiful white snow!!! I can't imagine having a winter season without snow. I love the purity of it. :toothy:

#7 ·
I'd like snow a heck of a lot better if it would stay off of the roads! I live in the Black Hills, and I admit it is truly gorgeous when it snows, but snow and ice make driving so dangerous. (Doesn't help that I live 20 mins from the outskirts of town, needing to navigate twists and turns and mountainous curves and ups and downs.)

We love (love, love) it here, though -- and do appreciate the changing of the seasons. Had a sudden change about 3 weeks ago when we got snowed in for 2 days with 5 foot snow drifts. Thank goodness our neighbor has a tractor with a plow -- he connected us to the road. We still have piles around our place, despite a few days in the 60s since then.

~Mary

#8 ·
We got about an inch of snow today too after listening to christmas songs yesterday without any snow on the ground seemed very strange. Now today it feels more like christmas! I've started decorating the house and getting in the mood! Merry Christmas all!

#10 ·
You're right phoeny, there's something very "clean" about the first snow fall. I can't imagine winter without it. My entire family went south to live, except us. Just love the changes in the seasons, no place like the midwest!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.