Please accept my apology
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Arrow Please accept my apology

I didnt mean to come sounding like a Biotch in the thread (what did you get your kids for xmas).I have seen so many times through other frugal sites about people are struggling to pay there bills or how they will pay for food next week, but some people seem to find money buy there children so much, im not against buying stuff for kids or anything else.I think some just really forget what its all about this time year. Last night i sat my kids down and said here ya go, here is what dad makes (we own our buiesness so its not the same each month but close to it.By the time we pay all these bills here is whats we have left. The first time last night i heard our children tell us that they decided against us buying them anything for xmas.

The comment last night might have been to harsh, or sometimes people just get offened easy, none the less, it was wrong of me to pre judge any of. So please forgive me,I have a wonderful heart and a great personality.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't read the other thread but from what I've read from you on Frugal Village, you do have a wonderful heart and a great personality. Sometimes what we mean to say online doesn't come out right and is not interpreted well by others. We all have our sore spots and sometimes certain subjects just push our buttons. We all just have to be cautious about how we respond to threads because it can be so easily misinterpreted. This has happened to almost all of us, I'm sure.
    ~ Michelle

Wife to DH--
    Mom to DS--
    and DD--

Avatar picture of cactus flower in bloom taken southeast side of San Antonio-May, 2013
    Mortgage -- $39,210.49

----------------------
    "The time to save is now. When a dog gets a bone, he doesn't go out and make a down payment on a bigger bone. He buries the one he's got." --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you Michelle68

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I Was not offended Nana, and I still think your wonderful!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

awww thanks C.J. did you ever call anymore of those numbers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Personally, I think that even though we are a board that freely shares our financial struggles and success, and many of us openly share our actual financial numbers here (when we wouldn't elsewhere with others), people here can still be easily offended when they feel they are being scolded for how they choose to spend. If that makes sense.

I think it was more the way your comment was worded, that it made people feel like they had to defend themselves, etc. I'll also add, that I can't speak for everyone, becuase I wasn't offended by what you said, but I can understand why people felt defensive.

You shouldn't feel bad for speaking your mind. But I do certainly do give you credit for feeling that you needed to apologize to some and stepping up and doing so!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks momto3, if i feel that i did hurt someones feelings, i always step up and say something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't read the other thread all the way through but I've read several of your other posts and replies around the forum and you're always helpful and willing to share and very supportive. I personally think that the holiday needs to start leaning away from all of the gift giving and receiving and ever intensive spending and more towards family time, traditions and fellowship. I also think that sometimes people can be overly sensitive and that things can be read one way when they were written in a completely different tone. Either way, I think you're a great lady and have a very caring heart for going and posting this apology to those who might have been offended.
    marie/andrea dh

We had a baby! 10/04/11

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't even read the thread and I am glad you are here. I think you are a neat person. I want to spend a weekend at your house.

I swear I would take up too much bandwich space(I know that is close to a computor word, lol) on this board because of the sorry's I should say.

We are all forgiving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nana2two View Post
    awww thanks C.J. did you ever call anymore of those numbers?

I have called a few more, I got real sick though and couldnt for a bit with that and turkey day lol
    I'll be calling some more, the kids are bugging me again about it and I'd love to find him for their Christmas present! You wouldn't mind digging in with your worldly knowledge again for me would ya?!
    ((Hugs))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just so you know Nana, you did not offend me at all. I know from all of your other posts how helpful and kind you generally are and your participation here is appreciated from that you have helped or talked to. I think at some point in time one way or another, just about everyone on here has had to apologize at some point for coming across a certain way in a post even if it wasn't meant that way. Lord knows I have many times. What may offend today, may not offend tomorrow. Sometimes it's hard to put into (non-offensive to some) words what you are thinking clearly, A sometimes someone may be having an off day and take something completely out of context or read it as directed at them when in fact it may not have been. It's the way of the internet. It will pass and those that were offended will realize that you meant no real malice towards anyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

C.J yes i have no problem helping again,I was pretty busy my self. Hd the flu and then turkey day,I will start on again Tomorrow.