What will happen next???? UGH!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What will happen next???? UGH!!

Our family has been on a world-wind of emotions! To start it off, both of our oldest boys totalled out 2 different cars within two months! So, we lost two vehicles and were down to two vehicles - DH's truck and my car. Well, Saturday DS#1 was going to work at 9pm and stopped off at a convience store. He was driving DH's truck. He came out of the store to find the truck GONE!!! Someone had jumped in the truck and took off. Yep, DS#1 left the keys in it! DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! He has learned a valuable lesson. Let me tell you, I was mad, stressed, worried, you name it; I felt it. I couldn't sleep because I was worried about what they would do with the truck. In March, we will have had it two years, so it is fairly new. It is a Dodge Ram Quad cab with a hemi, so it has some get up and go - and they got up and went with DH's truck! Sunday, I got up and drove and drove and drove. I was determined to find that truck. Finally, around 4pm, I received a call from the police dispatch that they had located the truck and it was driveable. I was excited and flew to the location. It was in perfect condition, except for a few minor scratches and everything was still in the vehicle. Nothing was missing, except for the keys! They had taken it down a dead end road into a plowed field and did some donuts out in the field then hid it behind some trees. I think they had intended to come back and have more fun in it, but luckily we recovered it before they could. We are planning on having the ignition switch replaced because they have a key to it still....unless they tossed them, but I do not want to take a chance. We are just happy to have the vehicle back. I had called the insurance company when it first happened. My agent called me yesterday to tell me, "When it rains at your house, it poors!" I have to admit, I think he is right. At least we were able to close the claim.

Another stressful thing happening in our home is the buying of a new home. We were all excited about moving and then the sky fell. I think someone must have it in for us. We were actually supposed to close today. We are terminating the contract because we were asked to come up with another $2100 before closing. We were given this information yesterday!! There is no way I am going to give them another $2100! We were already paying our closing cost and the seller's closing cost. What else do they want? Well, we have decided to stay where we are and be happy with what we have. This house is smaller than what we want, but it is cozy and we only owe a little over 5 years on this home. Maybe this is a sign that is saying, "Hey, you are almost debt free. Why would you want to go back into debt?"

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to let you know I have been MIA for a few weeks, but I have been stressed to say the least. I did finish another semester of schooling. YEA! Every semester brings me closer to my goal!

I am so ready to end this year and start fresh with a new year! This year has been very emotional.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Man! All i had to be pissed off about was a late mortgage payment.... I am sorry... I would never let them drive a car of mine again!

Sorry this happend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry about the wrecks. I can only assume that no one was hurt. My DS had his vehicle stolen a vew years back. He did not leave the keys in it but he did not use the stick that goes thru the steering wheel. It was found 3 months later . . . in Mexico. Nothing left but the chassis. You were very lucky to get your truck back.

Sorry about the house closing. I would want to contact the attorney general and see if this is the mortgage company's MO.

Congrats on the classes!! Happy Holidays!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes, when it rains it pours doesn't it ??

hang in there, things will get better. it's just life's way of reminding you that you are merely human and have trials just like everyone else

as my mom used to say, act like a duck and let it roll of your back !!!

Registered User phoeny_moonstar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Man if my DD hot totaled one of my vehicles and then got another one stolen she would never drive another one of my cars again. JMHO. Glad the truck was recovered though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Awe Michelle I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Hopefully 2009 will be a much better year. Glad you have the truck back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending good thoughts your way Michelle. Glad everyone is okay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry all these things are happening to you Honey...Just try to look at this way your fella's are okay..the car's can be replaced and you have a nice home (alot of people have been kicked to the curb for not paying their mortgage or homeless) to lay your head..2009 will be your year for better things to come..((HUGS))
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending good thoughts. I will say if my boys wrecked two cars and then because of them one of ours was stolen, they would not be able to drive our cars and they would have to get one of thier own on their own

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad your truck was recovered with little damage although I gotta agree with some of the others. My DD would probably be saving to buy her own vehicle.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time lately. I'm glad you wee able to get your truck back, though. I know you were really excited about the house but maybe things have worked out this way for a reason.
    ~ Michelle

Wife to DH--
    Mom to DS--
    and DD--

Avatar picture of cactus flower in bloom taken southeast side of San Antonio-May, 2013
    Mortgage -- $36,472.81

----------------------
    "The time to save is now. When a dog gets a bone, he doesn't go out and make a down payment on a bigger bone. He buries the one he's got." --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i hope you take away the privelege of the boys using your vehicles. they can't be trusted with your vehicles.
    baby step 2- see blog for actual amounts

"stop being a victim, you are a perpetrator, taking things without paying for them is stealing, you are not a victim, you are a perpetrator. PAY THE PEOPLE YOU OWE, pray for the people you owe, and make it right. " hard nosed AA person, thumping his big book, addressed to me in AA meeting 7/30/2013

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everything happens for a reason and maybe it was a good idea that you pulled out of the new house deal. I feel bad for you though with everything that has been happening to you. Take care and know that things can only look up from here!
    Oct No Spend Days - 11 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 250 /365
    2014 Oct Gas Challenge - $55 / $120
    Oct Keep Fit - 910 min / 930 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not to add more stress on your plate, but you might want to consider changing the locks on your house if there were house keys on the same keychain that had the truck key on it.

Your address was most likely in the glove box on your insurance papers, and if the person that stole your truck still has those keys.... you might want to consider making that change as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree - those boys wouldn't be driving any vehicle of mine! Glad you got the truck back though. Get your boys some new sneakers and tell them to start walking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast