Wow what growth spurt?
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Wow what growth spurt?

    We bought Daughter shoes around the end of school May because of a growth spurt. We bought sizes 13 and 1 with extra growing room in a size 1.

    Well...

    July 4th daughter complained that her shoes were hurting her feet. The size 1 shoes! Sure enough not only were they to small but the 13 were so small she couldn't get her feet in them. We had to buy size 2.

    We were able to pass down almost new looking shoes to our friend.

    Daughter has been complaining that her legs hurt so I'm anticipating a height growth spurt soon.

    Her breast also sprouted up and she need to be moved up to the elastic bras. They were half off at the store. So we bought the tank sytle ones and a pretty nylon one (called a bralette) all slip over the head style.

    One happy girl. One major growth spurt and mile stone too.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Sounds like she's growing quickly now. They do take those growth spurts. My dd went to a size 3 shoe and then stopped. She's 22 now and still wears a size 3 shoe.

  3. #3
    Registered User mamamia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    orig. from NYC now N.Cen. FL
    Posts
    1,749
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heartofmine View Post
    Sounds like she's growing quickly now. They do take those growth spurts. My dd went to a size 3 shoe and then stopped. She's 22 now and still wears a size 3 shoe.
    Can I ask where she buys her shoes? I have a friend who wears a 4 1/2, and has so much trouble finding 'women's style' shoes. She's a bit older, so the girl's styles don't usually work for her.

    Any leads will be appreciated!

    Thanks,

    Theresa

  4. #4
    Registered User Nana2two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Illinois
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    My daughter hit a spurt in every direction at age 12. We never thought she was going to get any bigger. In a 9 month time she grew around 5" gained 20 pounds 3 shoe sizes 2 bra sizes, started her cycle. can you say hormones kicked in.

  5. #5
    Registered User MommyBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Age
    38
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    My 10 yr old did that at 8 yr old. Went from a women's size 8 to a sz 10 in shoes. Just shot up, she's about 5 foot 1 now.

  6. #6
    Registered User imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MommyBliss View Post
    My 10 yr old did that at 8 yr old. Went from a women's size 8 to a sz 10 in shoes. Just shot up, she's about 5 foot 1 now.
    Your daughter is tall or I'm very short. I wore a size 8 shoe and was 5 foot when I graduated from high school. I sprouted to 5 foot 2 in college I wear a 9 1/2 shoe.

    My daughter is 8 1/2 and is just now in a 2. Small feet always has been. At a year when she started to walk ( in winter) it was so hard to find hard soled shoes in a infant size 2.

  7. #7
    Registered User imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nana2two View Post
    My daughter hit a spurt in every direction at age 12. We never thought she was going to get any bigger. In a 9 month time she grew around 5" gained 20 pounds 3 shoe sizes 2 bra sizes, started her cycle. can you say hormones kicked in.
    Wow, That is a major growth spurt. I so hope my daughter's spurt isn't do to hormones kicking in big time she is 8.

  8. #8
    Registered User imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heartofmine View Post
    Sounds like she's growing quickly now. They do take those growth spurts. My dd went to a size 3 shoe and then stopped. She's 22 now and still wears a size 3 shoe.
    Your daughter has dainty feet.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kansas (USA)
    Posts
    1,430
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    When I was 11 I had always been sick and always been tiny. Then I had my tonsils and adenoids removed and grew 6-inches in 7-months. Now at the skyscraper height of 5' 3-3/4", I'd say that was a much needed 6-inches. I grew that last 3/4-inch the summer after I was out of high school when I was 17-years old.

    I grew so fast my eyes didn't have a chance to keep up with the growth spurt (your eyes grow too) and I had to get glasses about that time.

  10. #10
    Registered User imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grainlady View Post
    When I was 11 I had always been sick and always been tiny. Then I had my tonsils and adenoids removed and grew 6-inches in 7-months. Now at the skyscraper height of 5' 3-3/4", I'd say that was a much needed 6-inches. I grew that last 3/4-inch the summer after I was out of high school when I was 17-years old.

    I grew so fast my eyes didn't have a chance to keep up with the growth spurt (your eyes grow too) and I had to get glasses about that time.
    My son had a major growth spurt like that when he had his tonsils and adenoids out a 6. The ears nose throat guy gave us a heads up. He told us that our son would outgrow all his clothes before the return check up after surgery. Yep, two to three inches in a matter of weeks. He says that it was due to being able to breath better, sleep better and eat better.

Similar Threads

  1. Garlic Growth
    By Durgan in forum Homesteading and gardening
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
  2. Our Area Is Seeing Growth! YEA!!!
    By pollypurebred39 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:17 AM
  3. New Asparagus Bed and Growth
    By Durgan in forum Homesteading and gardening
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 06:12 PM
  4. To you, is aging decay or growth?
    By frugalandsimple in forum Question and Answer
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •