Hmmmmmm I would

- quit my job
    - pay off everything
    - buy a nice house in my hometown
    - set aside retirement fund
    - set aside kids education fund
    - pay off moms mortgage
    - pay off sisters mortgage
    - because I'm not working, go back to school for what I really wanted to do...nursing, and pay cash for tuition
    - set enough money aside that I can live very comfortably off interest alone....to be free not to work a career because I am needing the money desperately, but because its something I'm truly passionate about
    - go on vacation every 2 years to somewhere new and exciting...first stop Italy
    - hire a cleaning lady to come in once a month and do all the little nasty jobs I loathe, like cleaning the oven, washing the windows, dusting....ahh that would be a luxury I would gladly indulge in
    - I would start up a program at the hospital in my hometown that provides necessary items to qualifying mothers who have a financial need. Things like baby snowsuits, car seats, clothing, formula, baby cereal, etc. This program would also offer free breastfeeding clinics, prenatal lessons, as well as ages and stages courses, like a course on potty training or disciplining children, or dealing with a teething baby.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Would you still clip coupons? Most definitally!
    Would you still stockpile? Yep!!
    What would be the first thing you did with the money? Pay off my debt. Then buy a house (a cheap house...Maybe $100,000), and a used car. Go to pastry school. Buy my Dad a house.

Then save the rest for when it rains!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My hubby & I don't play the lotto much - but we do play "what if?" First pay off the mortgage and any rental properties that we may have at that time. Our kids are grown therefore a trust fund would be set up for the ages of say 25 or 30. We believe they need to know how to do on their own first.

10% to the church, the rest would be "squeezed" until it screamed!! LOL Life style change? Yep - work only when you want to - not have to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Depending on how much i won i guess. I would definetly pay off any debts i have. I would still work, just up my 401k contributions. Give my siblings some. DEFINEtly travel ! :-) I"d like to think i would live pretty much the same way. At this point in my life i probably would. Most people that go broke after winning the lottery were probably broke and not good with money in the first place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default i forgot one thing

Quote Originally Posted by PlainCash4 View Post
    Depending on how much i won i guess. I would definetly pay off any debts i have. I would still work, just up my 401k contributions. Give my siblings some. DEFINEtly travel ! :-) I"d like to think i would live pretty much the same way. At this point in my life i probably would. Most people that go broke after winning the lottery were probably broke and not good with money in the first place.
    OH yeah and another thing ! I would definetly buy a house ( duh ! how did i forget that one ?...LOL)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ah heck, this girl sure wouldn't be sittin' in this chair!! I would be @ a fat farm getting a massage.... ..from a young good lookin'' man... whew-eeee
    Ali

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pay off my Ex ( Give him $$ so I can leave this place with my kids)
    Pay off my parents house
    Move to my Parents neighbourhood
    Make up for lost time living on this island and missing out on my family.

Oh and go back to school and become a lawyer so I can get even with my ex!

~Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have thought about this for a while. The "What if"

1. Give 10% to the church
    2. Get rid of all debt.
    3. But land and build house where we want/how we want.
    4. Live off of the land and animals.
    5. Set kids up with 1 Million each. If they want to use it for college then great, but if not, then they would have to be 30 before they can touch it. It would have to be used to buy a home! PERIOD!!!!!
    6. Start an animal rescue.
    7. Travel to Ireland when ever we wanted.
    8. NO MONEY TO FAMILY!!! They are a bunch of free loaders now.
    9. Set up a charity for several different things.
    10. Set up a shelter for kids. A safe haven sort of place.

You know, since we are talking millions here, the first three things on my list would barely make a dent in the money. So there would be plenty of money to do all the things that I wanted. But one thing I know for certain is that even if I won a million, I would still be able to do the first three! LOL

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Set enough money aside that hubby and I will feel comfortable retiring when we wat (even though we will keep up our pension and 401(k) contributions from each paycheck).
    2. Pay off ALL of our debts.
    3. Set up money in a trust for the kiddos.
    4. Upgrade and make some minor repairs to the current home to buy our dream home.
    5. Have fun and blow some money on wants.
    6. Donate to those charities we have deemed worthy--such as Make-A-Wish, VFW. I'd also like to donate monies to the NICU that Wesley was in at birth. An anonymous donation would be made to the police/fire department in our city.
    7. Set up the rest in stocks, mutual funds, money markets, various savings etc.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hhm...let's see...
    1. I'd pay off our house or buy a farm in Idaho or somewhere. If we stayed here, I'd change our deck to a screened porch and build a high privacy fence in the back.
    2. I'd pay off my parents' house.
    3. Put away money for our three kids.
    4. Give my favorite Aunt and cousin a nice sum.
    5. Donate to some type of genetic hearing loss research for kids as my middle son has a genetic hearing loss.
    6. Donate to research for adenocarcinoma of the stomach as my Grandma was diagnosed with it and we lost her in less than three months. This was one of the worst things of my life as I love her sooooo much! If you get adenocarcinoma of the stomach you ARE going to die from it...no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    7. Buy a flat or small house in London...doesn't have to be a luxury place...just a nice place to go to whenever I want as London is my favorite place.
    8. Donate to my alma mater...UNC-Chapel Hill. Go Tarheels!!!!
    9. Donate to our church which is small and has a mostly elderly group of people in it on fixed incomes who can't afford to donate much.
    10. Donate to the animal shelters around here. Animals are much better than most people in my opinion. JMHO
    11. I'd pay off any debts we have and pay my parents' expenses too.
    12. Invest! Invest! Invest!
    13. Go book shopping! Oh Gosh, one can never have too many books! I'd buy all the books I've ever wanted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234