Who has gotten or is going to get by this winter storm? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got sleet and ice last night suppose get some snow today but ice is what we usually get we always have one bad ice storm here every winter people electric goes out lots wrecks people thinking they know how drive on ice.I dont have get out but i worry about people that has to be out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think Baltimore is just north of the line right now... but who knows how the winds will shift? I might wake up to rain or a few inches and I'm prepared for either.
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by TheRootedNomad View Post
    Are you looking foward to it or dreading it?

Here in Louisville they keep changing the perdictions. Personally I keep hoping for a load of snow. I wouldn't want the ice that people have been hit with. There are too many problems with electric outages and heat. My sister-in-law in OK has ice sheeting an inch thick by her. We did the ice here last year and the huge power outages which was yuck-o. :yuck: Snow on it's own is another thing though and like I said I keep hoping.

My kids (11 & 13) have never seen/played in a REALLY good snow. We've had a couple of 4 or 5 inch things over the last decade but I think the last time we got anywhere over 6 my oldest was a young toddler. The time before that was in 1994 when Louisville didn't have any salt, couldn't find the 2 snow plows they owned, and didn't have anyone that knew how to drive them anyway. The city virtually shut down for a week. Dh and I were shocked. I mean it was a 12" to 18" (approximately) snow but it shouldn't have shut us down the way it did. What I'm coming to believe though is that the Ohio River and this valley/hole we sit in has something to do with it. Just across the river they get the good fluffy white stuf all the time and just outside the Louisville metro area going south (and I do mean just outside) they get the white fluffy stuff too. We mostly get a couple of inches of ice or slush or snow with with freezing rain. Anyhow I was starting to hope that this would be it. (That last one hit in Jan. too.)

I hope those of you getting hit are safe, prepared, and able to enjoy it. I've still got a couple of hours to hope for some. I'm sure there's a few of you that would love to send it my way. (Come on northward shift.)

We first got rain... then freezing rain... the what sounded like hail.. but sure it was more freezing rain... & now we're getting snow... I'm so sick of snow I could croak! & just Wednesday it was pretty out ... didn't need a jacket... it was like in the high 50's early 60's? was NICE out. & then Thursday came along & it's icky weather... we have plenty of food, still have power (the guy behind us works in my dh's bldg & he says after living in his house for 7 yrs they've only had no power once~yeah!), we have plenty of things to keep us occupied (Wii, xbox, tv, internet, movies, games,etc... we could even clean house or do the laundry etc)... I still want to be able to go for a walk... don't see that happening tho.

So your SIL lives in OK too? doesn't live near Lawton or Ada does she? I've heard most of those towns are w/o power. & I'll try to pray some of this your way... most of us around here are already sick of it!

Kim
    Waiting is teaching me to lean on Jesus that much harder!!!
    Married 8 years to the man of my dreams!
    Adopting a baby... due July 27, 2014!!
    ME DH Austin Baby Eli

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh ~ & of course we have a 4 day weekend w/2 teens & 1 mom (a friend of ours & her son are staying w/us for 2 weeks while they wait for our rent house to be ready for them~ so ready to have my house back to ourselves...)... Unfortunately my dh had to go to work today & will be oncall all weekend long... w/all the power outages in the state I wonder how much he'll be working this weekend... & how much sleep he'll be getting...
    Waiting is teaching me to lean on Jesus that much harder!!!
    Married 8 years to the man of my dreams!
    Adopting a baby... due July 27, 2014!!
    ME DH Austin Baby Eli

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would welcome it...well, not any of the damaging aspects, but the staying in part. This would be a good opportunity to eat down the stockpile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had snow last 8 inches night and today the wind is blowing hard lot's of accidents I had to go out this morning the roads were icy and snowy and there is always those drivers that want to do 60 and pass some one like me that does 35-40 lol I don't like driving on ice and white out conditions I drive real slow . I have to go back out sigh .
    We are cancer free but dealing with lung issues
    (Life is fragile handle with prayer)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we are expected to get about 3-6 inches of snow here and possible ice/sleet. love to see the snow, hate the ice. grocery stores are a mad house around here. I am grateful I have my stockpile and don't have to go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It just started raining here in my part of Atlanta. We're suppose to get rain tonight and then a "wintry mix". We have no plans but to stay indoors!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We seem to be on the northern edge of it here. So far only light snow, but it is expected to continue through Saturday, so who knows. If it shifts a few miles we could get a lot.

Friends in OK got ice and snow but not as bad as expected and still have power.
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen or heard any weather for days, so I didn't know one was coming. We had monsoon rains last night. I thought that was surely a different system, but seeing that the folks in OK are clobbered, our rains in northwest LA could be the fringes of it. Or maybe more likely, something from the humid south colliding with it. We had a few building shaking thunder booms last night with the rain. I guess I need to go look at a weather map.

May those of you who want snow, get it, and those of you who don't, miss it. I wouldn't push Murphy out in it though. It would probably just make him really, really mad!
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The great Pacific Northwest is enjoying the warmest winter on record.... Sorry fellow villagers.....lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we're supposed to get a decent bit of snow. I was supposed to have some training for Girl Scouts tomorrow and they canceled that this afternoon. I went to the store early this morning. I must have gotten there before the panic driven shoppers because it was surprisingly empty this morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12